TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anything going on in socal anytime soon?? i heard there was a gathering 3 weeks or so ago...i hope this is the rite place to post...thx

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm going to baja this weekend. If you like desert runs, to go get fish, you can come!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
rojodiablo said:
I'm going to baja this weekend. If you like desert runs, to go get fish, you can come!!
Are you going to San Felipe for the race?

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
schcott said:
anything going on in socal anytime soon?? i heard there was a gathering 3 weeks or so ago...i hope this is the rite place to post...thx
The Big Bear snow run was fun. I think Jesse might be planning another run sometime in March. Keep an eye out for it

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
BajaRnr12 said:
Are you going to San Felipe for the race?
I might go through San Felipe to go to Gonzaga. Usually a wild road. And with all this rain, it is sure to have lessened the dust down there. I'm leaving Fri night... Will come back Mon. night. If the rain has wrecked the riverbeds, I'll skip it and go to San Fransisquito. Less rain, and a helluva long road. 89 miles one way!!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
rojodiablo said:
I might go through San Felipe to go to Gonzaga. Usually a wild road. And with all this rain, it is sure to have lessened the dust down there. I'm leaving Fri night... Will come back Mon. night. If the rain has wrecked the riverbeds, I'll skip it and go to San Fransisquito. Less rain, and a helluva long road. 89 miles one way!!!
I was down there this weekend prerunning and it was pretty wet. The Watomi wash was a total river, we opted not to go down it. But yah that road going out of San Felipe is a blast. We were catching air on the washouts. Till we stopped and noticed that the bolt holding my front spring hanger was gone and my rear fender was all torn up. Stuck a socket extension in it and finished prerunning. I love Mexico....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool...sounds like good times..im hoping to get my truck into that kinda condition sometime *it will takes years tho :( * is it just me, or are most the people on here trail guys?? where are all the desert runners?? i would rather fly thro the air than go slow, IMO...thx for the invite, bad weekend tho...DCab, is ur truck a prerunner or crawler??

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
schcott said:
cool...sounds like good times..im hoping to get my truck into that kinda condition sometime *it will takes years tho :( * is it just me, or are most the people on here trail guys?? where are all the desert runners?? i would rather fly thro the air than go slow, IMO...thx for the invite, bad weekend tho...DCab, is ur truck a prerunner or crawler??
Prerunner or crawler...HMMM. I guess that depends on what gear I'm in, and if the t-case is in 4lo. I'd have to go with prerunner. Not really modded up. I haven't had it for too long; only 10 months. I love the desert running. The snow run was really cool. I don't really toy around in 4lo much. I learned a lot. But, I wished we could break some off at more than 10 mph. Longer brake lines and shackles are going in tonight, or tomorrow. I am stretching things out a bit, and need the brakes... I think there is a mix of driving styles in here. It is just lately, there is nothing going on except mud& snow. And that's just in my yard, in HB!!! One hell of a wet winter. That is why I am saying adios for the weekend ;)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
BajaRnr12 said:
I was down there this weekend prerunning and it was pretty wet. The Watomi wash was a total river, we opted not to go down it. But yah that road going out of San Felipe is a blast. We were catching air on the washouts. Till we stopped and noticed that the bolt holding my front spring hanger was gone and my rear fender was all torn up. Stuck a socket extension in it and finished prerunning. I love Mexico....
Front spring hanger?? as in SAS?? Or the front hanger for the rear leaf?? Either way, not too good.... How was the sand wash?? I bet it was all FF'ed up. I feel for the low power 2wd rigs this weekend.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Non-TTORA event: Tierra Del Sol out at Truckhaven. Super fun 'wheeling out their. No rocks, but TONS of articulation testers. Great event with big sponsor turnout. Only drawback is the amount of Jeeps. LOL. This will be my second year going. We don't do the organized runs, because there's so many vehicles it's like sitting in rush hour traffic. We do our own thing, but it's really fun and lots of sick rigs out there. It's the first weekend of March.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
rojodiablo said:
Front spring hanger?? as in SAS?? Or the front hanger for the rear leaf?? Either way, not too good.... How was the sand wash?? I bet it was all FF'ed up. I feel for the low power 2wd rigs this weekend.
SAS? Ha, hell no. The front hanger for the rear leaf. I have the Deaver prerunner pack in the back (5 or 7 leaf I forget) and I don't know if I forgot to go back and tighten down that bolt or what but it came out somewhere along the course. I actually just finished putting a real bolt in, I've had the socket extension in there for way too long. I have pics in my camera that I will put up soon. The first wash wasn't too bad at all, pretty rocky, but no water in it. The Watomi had so much water flowing down it we thought it might get deep where it chokes up and my dad didn't want to try it. There will probably be boulders lying around everywhere, it should be fun. Low power 2wd rigs? Like a 150hp class 12?!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
BajaRnr12 said:
SAS? Ha, hell no. The front hanger for the rear leaf. I have the Deaver prerunner pack in the back (5 or 7 leaf I forget) and I don't know if I forgot to go back and tighten down that bolt or what but it came out somewhere along the course. I actually just finished putting a real bolt in, I've had the socket extension in there for way too long. I have pics in my camera that I will put up soon. The first wash wasn't too bad at all, pretty rocky, but no water in it. The Watomi had so much water flowing down it we thought it might get deep where it chokes up and my dad didn't want to try it. There will probably be boulders lying around everywhere, it should be fun. Low power 2wd rigs? Like a 150hp class 12?!
Can you IMAGINE running a stock 2wd taco into that mess, or an older class VW bug, with no one to help you??? You will become TRACTION to the first rig who finds you in their way!!!! I'm gonna steer clear of this whole mess, I think. Well, maybe I'll dumb down, and check it out...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
rojodiablo said:
Can you IMAGINE running a stock 2wd taco into that mess, or an older class VW bug, with no one to help you??? You will become TRACTION to the first rig who finds you in their way!!!! I'm gonna steer clear of this whole mess, I think. Well, maybe I'll dumb down, and check it out...
Actually, I saw pictures on race-dezert from guys who actually went down it and the water only got up to about 8 inches and apparently it was pretty firm underneath. Actually, I'm more worried about a Trophy Truck or class 1 breaking down in a tight section and choking it all up for everyone behind them. Oh well, we shall see, I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
668 Posts
schcott said:

i rolled out to Hodge Road in barstow a couple weeks ago with my buds and it was all desert trails with whoops to the west of the hwy and OHV crawling to the east of the hwy (hwy 15 north)... we had 8 prerunners and 3 4x4s with us that weekend...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mikesdoublecab said:
i rolled out to Hodge Road in barstow a couple weeks ago with my buds and it was all desert trails with whoops to the west of the hwy and OHV crawling to the east of the hwy (hwy 15 north)... we had 8 prerunners and 3 4x4s with us that weekend...

cool...nice pics..how often you guys get together?? that is kinda near Apple Valley rite?? so does everyone that go drive their own truck?? i want to go to some run sometime, but dont want to beat my truck *i know i know....plz dont laugh to hard at me* i really dont feel like hearing my dad say "ur truck is practically brand new, u dont need to beat it up"....thx guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts