1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
163 Posts
personally i like the softopper. it won't carry any weight on top like the bestops do (i think), but it also doesn't have those windows on the sides - hate 'em. my softop goes on and off as needed in about 2 minutes. depends on what your lookin' for i guess. to each his own.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
schoolie said:
personally i like the softopper. it won't carry any weight on top like the bestops do (i think), but it also doesn't have those windows on the sides - hate 'em. my softop goes on and off as needed in about 2 minutes. depends on what your lookin' for i guess. to each his own.

this one looks alot better than the softtopper in the link. it's not as high in the back.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That seems really handy. Personally I think all caps are ugly, and I couldn't stand loosing the use of my bed for hauling things. But I also hate not having room in the cab on a rainy day. Seems the perfect solution.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rustam B said:
so, how water proof is it?? and how does it stick to the boards on a bed
it seems to be pretty water proof. there are very small openings at the front of the bed (where the fit is a little loose), but that could be plugged up if need be. i have never drivin' it in the rain with anything back there, but when I wash it it doesn't get wet inside. it's a pretty thick material.

i like to be able to throw stuff back there and not have to tie it down. have had it stuffed all the way a couple times for camping and it is so much quicker to just pack everything in there and zip it up.

oh, yea - it has clamps that hold it to the bed. no drilling at all. have had it in some pretty strong wind and at constant highway speeds of 80mph and have not had any trouble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Besttop for short bed

Besttop just released a short bed version. I have it ordered and on the way. When I install it I will post a pic.

·
Registered
171 Posts
BigBlueTaco said:
Besttop just released a short bed version. I have it ordered and on the way. When I install it I will post a pic.

Please do! How is the pricing on that thing? Where'd you get it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got mine from these folks, 4softtops , before I even picked up my 07 long bed on Thanksgiving day. I got it on sale for just over $400; they now retail for $469. The top arrived to me in San Diego within five days from Az.
I ordered one primarily for protection from the sun for my golden retriever when we go to the desert. There is a softtop for animals that is about three feet wide but at $300, I did not find it worth the price compared to these full size models. A hard top just doen't work out - especially if I'm going to be carrying ATV's!
I haven't installed mine, but will do so at the end of Spring.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i like having the windows, they are a pain to get in and out when cold but i have not tried it in warm weather yet. all in all i would have to go with besttop again!
later
Zach

·
Registered
8 Posts
Besttop for short bed

I ordered it front performanceproducts4trucks.com. They have both the short and long bed versions it was right around 450 after my discount.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have mine pretty well on, am to the Velcro/snaps part and I'm trying to figure out how the front end works. Does the flap with the pocket in it go inside the cab or out? And what is that pocket for? Looks like it would hold a bar. Do the snaps in the front mount to the top of my bed liner? Or on the inside front? Is that flap up there supposed to wrap around something like the other flaps with snaps do?

Basically I'm about done but I don't want to screw it up in the end and the instructions are vague. Yeah, I called them and got an answering machine.

Thanks,

TJK

·
Registered
72 Posts
But if it goes on the inside then water shedding off the front of the topper would drain into the bed....

I wish Softopper would return my call.

TJK

1 - 20 of 20 Posts