TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm sure I'll here the "you flip flop too much" but here it is. Last time I listed this was because of $$$ issues. This time it's for family reasons.

After all my yammering... here it is (insert the word "again")

1997 4Runner
2.7 3rz Manual
227,xxx miles
Power windows + locks
Aftermarket sunroof
255/85/16 Maxxis Bighorns @ 90% tread
5.29 gears, Rear Detroit Locker
4xInnovations DOM sliders
Budbuilt front skid
HomeFab belly pan, gas tank skid, rear bumper
2.0 SAW coilovers with new 650# springs
OME 890s with OME shocks in the rear
99+ center console (you'll thank me)

Negatives
headliner is coming down (see aftermarket sunroof).
We have a Siberian husky so it's impossible for me to remove all the dog hair
P0420 code just popped up: I just reset it when it goes off on the scanguage but it just needs a new o2 sensor. Hasn't effected gas mileage like most P0420 codes do so I haven't bothered. I can change them if it's a deal breaker.
Rear window key slot has fallen into the rear hatch

Positives
I bought it stock so all mods were done within the last 3 years
Ball joints replaced less than 5k miles ago.
New front brakes less than 1k miles ago.
Coilovers rebuilt less than 5k miles ago
Have a clean factory headliner to replace the after market one that is falling

Truck wheels great and the 5.29s w/ 33s aren't too low for the 2.7L on the highway.

I can take more pictures if you want. If I think of anything I've forgotten I'll add it.

$7000 OBO

Pictures

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nooooo!!! ..ah, I understand. You gotta Taco DC didn't ya?
I know I know, I didn't want to get rid of it. But it paid for exactly what I needed it to (Rowan's hospital bills). I wish I had been able to keep it, but it didn't make sense to me for that much money to be sitting in my driveway not being driven but maybe once a week while I have thousands owed to the hospital for his birth (long insurance story about how my employer basically forgot to add him, and it was "too late" when it was caught by me).

Yeah I did but that one's chance of being wheeled anytime soon is slim. I know it should last forever, so the plan is that it will be the boy's first vehicle as long as nothing bad happens. But I'm currently saving up for another toy. Wouldn't rule out a 3rd gen again for the right price, but probably looking more in the early 90s 4Runner/PU range. Probably won't happen until we get our house built within the next few years though.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Oh I get it.. been there, it's awesome though, raising a family sooo many challenges!! You have your priorities right tho, which is a good thing! ...wish I could tell you it gets cheaper as your family grows lol!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I get it.. been there, it's awesome though, raising a family sooo many challenges!! You have your priorities right tho, which is a good thing! ...wish I could tell you it gets cheaper as your family grows lol!
I can't find anyone to tell me that! haha

It's been a blast though! Our next challenge is a plane ride from ATL to MT next month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts