TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking $11,500

1999 Toyota Tacoma, extended cab, 4cyl, 5speed manual transmission, 4x4, 86K original miles. She runs and drives great with cold AC and hot heat. I'm the second owner and all maintenance has been completed on schedule as required. Passed Toyota's frame recall inspection with ease. There are minor dents and dings but in excellent shape for a 21 year old truck that has crawled the Colorado Rockies, conquered MOAB, got lost on the trails of New England, and traversed the landscapes of the Mediterranean. Make no mistake, this truck has been built for off-roading/rock crawling and it does it very well. The suspension is soft to increase articulation in off-road situations and it has all the quirks that come with a custom solid axle swap. I have over $8K in mods. This truck is a built and capable rock crawling vehicle that drives straight and steady at 80+mph on the highway getting 17.5-18mpg.

Please don't ask what my bottom dollar cash price is as it will likely result in you being ignored. For all our sakes, don't low-ball AND have no understanding of what this truck is capable of. I DO NOT NEED TO SELL. Only selling due to being a second daily driver and not utilizing her for what she's built for. Truck is located in Northeast Georgia and I'm willing to meet within reason to deliver.

The good:
  • Only 86K original miles!
  • Mobile1 full synthetic since 22K miles
  • TrailGear solid axle swap kit
  • Completely rebuilt D44
  • 4.88 gear upgrades front & rear
  • Lockright lockers front & rear
  • Marlin Crawler 4.70:1 dual transfer case
  • Dual case skid plate
  • Custom ½ ton Chevy 63" leaf spring swap
  • 35X12.5R15 Wrangler MTRs with ~85% tread
  • Relocated rear shocks
  • Bilstein 5125 shocks on front
  • Bilstein 5150 shocks on rear
  • Tube doors w/quick release hinges
  • Custom built front bumper
  • Custom build rock sliders
  • Kenwood Excelon KDC-X890 radio
  • Boston Acoustics speakers
  • Cobra 18WXSTII CB radio
  • Driver seat is 100% intact (rare)
  • Tacoma V6 transfer case (21 vs. 23 spline)
  • Deck plate mod
  • Front end recently rebuilt with new bearings, shims, and seals

The bad:
  • Needs front driveshaft
  • Clockspring broke (no cruise control or steering wheel horn)
  • Clear coat on roof faded in spots
  • Rear bumper plastic pad missing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts