TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello,

from norcal here, jst sold the TJ and bought a built 1st gen tacoma double cab from down in socal. Ill be lurking around, Not my first toyota but with any new to me rig i like to sort through the rig part by part fluid by fluid and I'm not super toyota savvy but I learn fast. I mostly snow wheel and snow camp at lake pillsbury, tahoe, and pretty much anywhere in the sierras. Im steering away from rocks lately but im sure i could be talked into fordyce or the con again if afew of my entourage follow.

I dont need a build thread because its already built. right now im changing all the fluids so I know whats there and going through the truck front to back replacing things that arnt to my liking. after the fluids are done the front and rear HD trailgear lift springs need to go by by for hopefully a front bastard pack from an early toyota rear with a rancho main leaf and I got some chevy 63"s for the rear that need mounts and hangers burned in. Im also looking to rid myself of these E rated 37 bfg bajas on 16.5 wheels for some most likely 37 MTR/K's on 17" beadlocks. Im sure there will be shocks involed and possibly a 1 piece driveshaft debate....etc

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard. That looks kinda like Todd's old truck.
The guy i bought it from didnt have it more than acouple years. Whoever built it did a good job on the front but the rear looks like a 4 year old set it up. It hadnt been maintained very well and has a good amount of surface rust underneath. I prob paid to much but its not an easy truck to find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Solid move. Sucks about the CEL bulb. Guess it's better to find out sooner than later.
Any show-stopping codes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts