TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sold my truck Saturday, I'll probably never hear the end of it on here, but buying a heep (jeep). However, I found a pretty sweet 85 runner with a good 20,000 g's of parts on it, including 4:1 gearing, full cage, and exo cage, king coils, locked, convas top Two winches, ect ect ect...seems to have all the good stuff. Guy wants 8500, I'm just curious more as to whats powering that beast and how much longer does it have. I only looked at it for a second, I'll get more info and post a pick, see what you guys think. And if anyone knows any quarks to look out for with those, I would Appreciate knowing. :)
-Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
If it still has the 22RE, I wouldn't worry about miles on the odometer too much. While I don't think that motor is as bulletproof as many say it is, repairing it is cheap, easy, and worth it.

If something else was swapped in, all bets are off.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Still all bets off - you just never know if the wiring etc was done right. I would want someone VERY familiar with the swap in question to look everything over before buying a vehicle with a non-factory engine.

·
20,355 Posts
Still all bets off - you just never know if the wiring etc was done right. I would want someone VERY familiar with the swap in question to look everything over before buying a vehicle with a non-factory engine.
I agree with Troy on this.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I did made a decision... guess i'm changing my sn to JeepDude...haha, just kidding.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats awesome! Thanks for the hospitality! I'll def be sticking around, throwing in my two cents on the board from time to time.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Man oh man. There were so few of us 05+ guys to begin with. :( Well at least you are still wheeling. Definitely come along with us with the Heep. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts