TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone currently making solid mounts for the 95-04 tacomas? I know vendetta was but from some reason I can't find their site...anyone else make them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked at them early and all i saw was mounts for the 22re...and from something i saw earlier dont they use the stock perch? I ripped mine off the frame which is why i want to go solid.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I ripped mine off the frame which is why i want to go solid.
That alone won't cure the problem. You're going to have to "solid" mount the transmission as well, otherwise the slop from the tranny mount will transfer up to your solid motor mounts and continue to pull and push on the perches. :2cents:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
You have to weld those to the frame also. The perches would hit the lower half of those mounts, of if for some reason you wanted to use them, would lift the engine 2inches.

Vendetta would go out of business if the prices were much cheaper. The fab/welding time to build those is greater then 4 hours, plus supplies and parts. If the effective shop rate is less then $60 a hour you would be close to no proffit after employee costs, rent, other overhead. At least here in Colorado.

I plan on installing a set on my truck, but they do have the frame plates built for my generation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to say theirs were around $350 but I don't remember and I can't find their damn website, I'll hit up Mike and find out.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
solid mounted motors and trans are good but you have to get used to it. im solid mounted in both my rigs and it shakes the truck a little but you get used to it.

not as bad as solid mounting the body to the frame, that's the worst if you ask me.

just make some custom mounts not hard at all. just assemble pieaces and bring them to a welder.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i can deal with a little extra vibration...my radiatior fan was missing a blade and that shook the truck like crazy for quite some time until i had i found a replacement.

If i had the equipment, resources, and time to make something myself I would...but with how work has been lately I have plenty of money and no time.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
where you located???????

if money isn't the problem yeah richer is a good choice.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Email Tim at DMZ I have been talking to him for awhile trying to get him to make a few sets. I belive he has the jig but just hasn't had time to get to them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the capability to make 3.4 motor mounts as well as 2.7 mounts. If anyone is seriously interested let me know and I can build you a set. They will be the same design that ESB used to make, since I helped prototype them and have built 20+ sets.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I have the capability to make 3.4 motor mounts as well as 2.7 mounts. If anyone is seriously interested let me know and I can build you a set. They will be the same design that ESB used to make, since I helped prototype them and have built 20+ sets.
I'd definately be interested in a set

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If you had said this a month ago I'd have been stoked!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have the capability to make 3.4 motor mounts as well as 2.7 mounts. If anyone is seriously interested let me know and I can build you a set. They will be the same design that ESB used to make, since I helped prototype them and have built 20+ sets.[/
QUOTE]

I'm also interested. How much?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am still finalizing some things, so I am not sure on price. I know we used to charge $350 for a set, which I thought was pretty fair since a failed motor mount can lead to thousands of dollars of damage (I have first hand experiance with that) Price will probabaly be very close one way or the other.

And yes trans mounts are next on the list. Give me a little time...Like I said I need to get all my ducks in a row and get through a race I am doing mid august and then I will have more time to devote to this. I just want to make sure that I can give you a quick turnaround time once you pay for them.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
so ive finalized my design . would there be a market here for direct replacement poly motor and trans mounts for the 1grfe and a750e? or are you guys looking at more . like upgraded motor plates and mount gussets. reason i ask is im having some bolt in motormounts and transmounts made to test and im thinking about manufacturing a batch after tested . with all the movement im seeing on the trans and motor i think its needed but would it be something you 05^ guys would concider as an upgrade, being a complete bolt in?? and is 640.00 for 3 mounts something you are willing to pay??

1 - 20 of 43 Posts