TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought cooper stt 285 75 16 and am looking at wheels. I am not asking what wheels to get I have read tons of posts about them. A buddy I work with keeps telling my I should use a 16x10 wheel. The recomonded wheel width is I think 7.5 to 9. Is this a smart idea, As of now I dont plan on doing any rock crawling or snow trails, since there are no big rocks or snow in Savannah GA. That means I wont be airing down to 3-5psi I will probally stick to 30-38psi maybe a little less on a trail. Does any one have any experiance with this? Is it a smart idea, I am not sure how much that increases the chances of the bead coming out. Thanks for any help. If it matters I have a 06 Acc cab trd sport with 3" toytec lift.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Yep, 16x8, that's what I have with mine. I test fit a set of 32's on 15x10 and they looked really stupid, they stuck out way to far. Stick with the 16x8 and you'll be happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
[email protected]
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing