TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there was a thread about this already but I cant find it for the life of me... I'm looking to build a dog platform in my Xtra cab and would like some ideas.. Again I know this already is out there so if you know what or where it is please let me know...

sn0w.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an xtra cab and i remember there being a plywood like costume job done but i cant find the thread on here. It was in the back behind the seats in the xtra cab.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I made one of those for my dog. Just get back there with a tape measure and plan it out. Mine looks kinda like the outline below. I added a support for the part that sticks out in the middle. I also cut it down the middle and added hinges so I can lift up one side or the other to get stuff below it. Then I covered it with some thin carpet from home depot. Dog loves it. I can get pics of it if you want. The part that sticks out is the middle and it meets up with the console.

__
_______| |_______
| |
|________________|

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made one of those for my dog. Just get back there with a tape measure and plan it out. Mine looks kinda like the outline below. I added a support for the part that sticks out in the middle. I also cut it down the middle and added hinges so I can lift up one side or the other to get stuff below it. Then I covered it with some thin carpet from home depot. Dog loves it. I can get pics of it if you want. The part that sticks out is the middle and it meets up with the console.

__
_______| |_______
| |
|________________|
if you have a pic of the hinge setup that would be great. i think i know waht i want but its always good to see others for more ideas.

thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my dog loved sitting on my sub enclosure, if someone took "her" front seat.
yeah thats the propblem someone is taking up the set know... I mean we both (Dog and I) like her but someone is going to be sitting in the back an I have a feeling The Girlfriend is going to win that battle! :xbeer1:

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not just for dogs!

I don't have a pooch yet, but that will change in a year or two; However, I did build one of these bad boys just as a flatter shelf for storage. Works great for my bow or guns in and out of the woods, don't have to worry about them staying on the standard 1ft wide bench.

·
Registered
638 Posts
had mine installed for a couple of years, far more functional use of space than the shitty back seats

been meaning put some foam pad on top and cover it with a tough fabric, but never got around to it. as it is now, i can pull the crappy blanket out and slide tools in and out pretty well.

needed easy access to storage underneath, so i hinged mine and each side opens separately. stuff is hidden, organized and safe for the dog to ride above. i can also pull it out in a minute or so with no tools if i have a backseat passenger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts