TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well hello yall...this is my first post(just a heads up)... ok well i know most everyone has a 4x4 lifted and such.. but i was wondering if it would be worth the time to lift up a 2wd tacoma prerunner.. mainly for looks...any in put and if you could point me in the right direction in gettin a lift kit for it and what size rims and tires to get that i would have to mess with the gear ratio or anything like that...

·
Registered
279 Posts
A set of Camburg 2.5's or Donahoe Coilovers and Camburg Upper control arms. Deaver rear leaf springs and Donahoe rear shocks + new rims and tires and your done!!! Unless you want to get crazy(and expensive) go long travel by camburg or Total Chaos.

I just put on a set of BFG all terrains in Lt 265/75 R16 and the stock size was 265/70 R16. No change in ratio. They look kinda small but you would be surprised what a more aggressive looking tire can to to change the look of your truck. With just a coil over lift you can still use the stock rims if you want.

Welcome to ttora
www.camburg.com

·
Registered
215 Posts
longtravel baby!
A set of Camburg 2.5's or Donahoe Coilovers and Camburg Upper control arms. Deaver rear leafsprings and Donahoe rear shocks + new rims and tires and your done!!! Unless you want to get crazy(and expensive) go long travel by camburg or Total Chaos. Welcome to ttora

www.camburg.com

X9999999999999999999

cant go wrong with the hoes...
and you especially cant go wrong with LT
:woot: LT!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have a Prerunner and I lifted mine with Camburgs, Deavers and Bilsteins for the rear.. I also stepped up to 265/75/16 vs the stock 265/70/16s.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

If you're not gonna wheel it, I'd say it's wasted money, but I wheel mine, so... :D

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
hells ya im goin to go through some mud but cant go through to much sence i aint got 4wd....i aint no little gurl...
but i can go through a little right now..i just mainly want a better look then the stock look right now..cause theres a lot of stock tacomas like mine runnin round my town...

But i was thinkin bout just getin one of thoes tuff country 5" lifts...

and wut is the best size rim and tire to get?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a Prerunner and I lifted mine with Camburgs, Deavers and Bilsteins for the rear.. I also stepped up to 265/75/16 vs the stock 265/70/16s.

If you're not gonna wheel it, I'd say it's wasted money, but I wheel mine, so... :D
Any more info on your truck? Like how much it cost total for the lift, etc? It looks really good.:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
hells ya im goin to go through some mud but cant go through to much sence i aint got 4wd....i aint no little gurl...
but i can go through a little right now..i just mainly want a better look then the stock look right now..cause theres a lot of stock tacomas like mine runnin round my town...

Let me edit this for you, since obviously you slept through English class. Then maybe people will take you more seriously and get your question answered.

Hell yes I am going to go through some mud, but I can’t go through too much since I don’t have 4wd. And for your information, I am not a little girl. I just mainly want a better look than the stock look because there are a lot of stock Tacomas like mine around town. I was thinking about just getting one of the Tuff Country 5” lifts. So what would be the best size rim and tire to get?

If you want to play in mud, see about selling your pre-runner and find a 4wd. Then drive everywhere in 2wd, then when you get stuck, put it into 4wd and it will seem like you have your own recovery system. That’s just my 2cents. But seriously LT would be badass.

·
Registered
597 Posts

Let me edit this for you, since obviously you slept through English class. Then maybe people will take you more seriously and get your question answered.

Hell yes I am going to go through some mud, but I can’t go through too much since I don’t have 4wd. And for your information, I am not a little girl. I just mainly want a better look than the stock look because there are a lot of stock Tacomas like mine around town. I was thinking about just getting one of the Tuff Country 5” lifts. So what would be the best size rim and tire to get?
I don't care who you are, thats funny! :lmao:

·
Registered
760 Posts

If you want to play in mud, see about selling your pre-runner and find a 4wd. Then drive everywhere in 2wd, then when you get stuck, put it into 4wd and it will seem like you have your own recovery system. That’s just my 2cents. But seriously LT would be badass.

:lmao:

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you want to mud, why would you buy a prerunner to begin with? Most guys I know with prerunners use them for high speed offroading in the desert jumping sand dunes. Does your prerunner have the TRD offroad rear diff e-locker? If not, and you plan to wheel your rig, don't wheel alone, and bring a tow strap! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you want to mud, why would you buy a prerunner to begin with? Most guys I know with prerunners use them for high speed offroading in the desert jumping sand dunes. Does your prerunner have the TRD offroad rear diff e-locker? If not, and you plan to wheel your rig, don't wheel alone, and bring a tow strap! ;)
here you go "justjohnthomas" i will write more clearly just for u...

Well no im not goin to be going into deep mud, but in shallow mud i do just fine in (like wet grassy areas) and there isnt to much desert around were i live. So it is manly just trail riding, and yes as a matter of fact i do have the TRD offroad package. And i am sorry about saying "mudding", i forgot that when people think mudding they think being up to there windows in mud. which isnt exactly how i see it.

But i do mainly want this lift and bigger tires and different rims for looks.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

Well no im not goin to be going into deep mud, but in shallow mud i do just fine in (like wet grassy areas) and there isnt to much desert around were i live. So it is manly just trail riding, and yes as a matter of fact i do have the TRD offroad package. And i am sorry about saying "mudding", i forgot that when people think mudding they think being up to there windows in mud. which isnt exactly how i see it.

well if ur here just for looks ur kinda in the wrong place

·
Registered
854 Posts

That's really not a bad way to learn about what these trucks can do, and your driving ability offroad. Do you ever plan on getting a 4x4 Tacoma in the future? If so, I would not waste your money on a lift and bigger tires for a 4x2. I personally would wheel this rig stock on some mild trails, test out the trucks ability as a 4x2 with rear locker, and your driving skills offroad, then trade it in, sell it, or whatever, and get a 4x4. Then, spend your hard-earned money on mods (bigger tires, suspension, sliders, rims, etc), and try some of the more difficult trails out there at that time.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That's really not a bad way to learn about what these trucks can do, and your driving ability offroad. Do you ever plan on getting a 4x4 Tacoma in the future? If so, I would not waste your money on a lift and bigger tires for a 4x2. I personally would wheel this rig stock on some mild trails, test out the trucks ability as a 4x2 with rear locker, and your driving skills offroad, then trade it in, sell it, or whatever, and get a 4x4. Then, spend your hard-earned money on mods (bigger tires, suspension, sliders, rims, etc), and try some of the more difficult trails out there at that time.
x2. Sometimes I wish I would have gotten a 4x4 right off, but I now know that I'll be fine with what I've got since I've taken my truck out. I do not have the desire to do the "hardcore" stuff anyways. You just need to wheel what you have and figure out what you want from there. :2cents:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Screw long travel. Just lift it with a Toytec spacer kit. Like you said, there isn't much open desert for you to actually use it. I was in your exact same position when I started wheeling. I didn't do much off-road as I was just a PreRunner but I wanted some hight. I went with spacers and shackles and it made the truck look 10x better. You don't need to spend $1,000 + for 3" lift.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.