TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I let off the gas while driving, I get a squeaking, squealing, ringing... whatever you wanna describe it as. Push in the clutch pedal, it goes away. Give it more gas, it goes away. Put it in neutral, it goes away. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If I let off the gas while driving, I get a squeaking, squealing, ringing... whatever you wanna describe it as. Push in the clutch pedal, it goes away. Give it more gas, it goes away. Put it in neutral, it goes away. Your thoughts?
yep.sounds like the TOB. i ordered the whole clutch kit from jaque and im installing it next weekend.
the squeaking and squealing got worse and finally started clunking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like a throwout bearing to me

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
The TO bearing should only spin (and potentially make noise) when your foot is pressing the clutch (changing gears).

·
Registered
7 Posts
so i just did my 01 v6 4wd drive, w/ a factory clutch and i hear this light humming/buzzing when i apply the gas peddal, it stops when i let of the gas? any thoughts?:confused:

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
I just did mine over the Christmas Break. It seemed that I was noticing trans bearing noise, but I know that it was just because I was listening "too much". I'm not sure what else to tell you though....

·
Registered
682 Posts
Probably harmonic resonance in something. Remember that there's a few thousand little thing on the truck that can buzz. Have you tried to track down the buzzing at all?

·
Registered
908 Posts
:doh: May sound stupid but I've had a loose nut on the intake stuff near the head/block make a sound just like a throwout bearing.............get someone to help you and feel the suspected areas until you pinpoint the rattle...........

Wait a minute who the hell am I telling this too...........:doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts