TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i need a lil help guys, i just finished building my box for my speakers, and i have an amp. Tommorow im buying an amp wiring kit and speaker wire. Can anyone help me by telling me how i will need to hook the amp up to the truck? I can really use sdome help. I have a stock CD player if that helps yall help me.

Thanks, Zach

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I ran 4-gauge wire from the battery to an inline fuse holder, than to my capacitor. From the cap I ran the wire to the power for the amp. I also have a ground from the cap to the amp and then to a ground at the bolt for the seat belt latch.

I can take a picture of it in the morning if that would help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i take out the stock cd/tape player i get all the wires, which ones do i need to connect the amp to?

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
You'll need RCAs from the head unit to the amplifier. I also have a wire from the stereo harness going to the amp for my subwoofer control.

EDIT: The amp wiring kit should have the RCAs, mine did.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but im not removing my stock player, im keeping it in so i cant use the plug in wires that came with my wiring kit, i need to hook my amp to my stock stero, do u know how to do that? P.S. nice setup

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
but im not removing my stock player, im keeping it in so i cant use the plug in wires that came with my wiring kit, i need to hook my amp to my stock stero, do u know how to do that? P.S. nice setup
Hmm... I've replaced factory Lexus stereos but never seen the factory Taco stereo. If there is nothing to plug the RCA cable into I am flat out of ideas. You will likely have to tap into the harness.

This should be the wiring diagram you need: http://www.deserted1.com/FSM/Wiring_Manual/03tacoma/systemci/051rap.pdf

That will show you which color wire powers what. After that, I don't know what to do as I've only done my own system which was almost plug and play.

I only know enough to know I'm of no use right now, LOL.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
son of a bitch, i know the main diea, i need to tap into the wires comin off the back of the sterro, just clueless as to which ones. thanks for tryin to help though man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts