TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so for a daily driven weekend offroader in NC doing stuff like tellico on the weekends. Which tire would be the best as far as tread wear and traction in southeastern terrain, wet rocks and mud. The MT/R, BFG M/T, or Trxus M/T?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I like the BFG MT. They seem to do well offroad, and on-road. That is the only MT I will run up to this point. Plan on buying 5th set for the 99 this year when I get the lift installed.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am currently running 33 12.50 BFG m/ts with I dont know how many miles on em, about 2 years I think with lots of highway miles. they have done pretty good offroad but just wondering how they compare. I am going to either 35s or 37s

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I know guys that are running all of these.. I personally like the TrXus in those sizes.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I went from BFG M/T's to TRXUS M/T's and love them. The BFG was better on the road, but the TRXUS is pretty hard to beat off the road.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you think would be the max tread life for the trxus? i really like the trxus and they are priced better than the bfg or mtrs. Whats the overall opinon of mtrs on southeasten terrain? I hear they do great on rocks but from what I hear thats dry rock. we have alot of wet slick rocks and thick mud. Im not into mud but its on the trails.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
MT/Rs suck in the south as there is to much mud and the voids are too tight for good cleaning. They rock at Tellico on open rock faces if it's dry but they suck when it's the least bit wet(90% of the time). I got 40k miles out of my set of 35s.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if I could get 40k out of a set of trxus then im sold. They do pretty good on rock?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
TRXUS M/T's are awesome on rock...Siped tread blocks combined with a rather soft tread compound does the trick quite well. I'd put them up against just about anything, in the rocks, short of a Crawler T/A or a bias Irok. That's my .02

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've heard a lot of people talking about Big Horns, so much so I've got a set on the way now! Supposedly they are not as loud on the road as a Buckshot and last a little longer. This is all word of mouth, I'll have to get them installed to tell you honestly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts