TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a lot of south point runs the past 3 weeks.
This is from last week after the first rain storm.....

the trip up mana rd after that....

From today.....

and the little trip up to the top of Mauna Kea after....

·
Registered
444 Posts
I can't believe how GREEN it is... I made a trip down there a couple months back and everything was beyond dusty. Even your Mana Road pictures - looks like the recent rain has done the mountain some good.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks...and yes, green is good!!! I swear, only 2.5-4 months out of the year south pt isnt dusty and blowing dirt all over. The last few times ive been lucky, moisture has kept the dust down. Even the keawes is green down Ka'alualu Bay.
Mana Rds been green forever, screw DHHL and DLNR, that place used to be my second home!

We needa plan a trip somewhere....im itching to get my 88 toy done, gimme 3 days and it should be tip top shape for Country Club.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh... Careful what you post...
]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com/TreadLightlyLogo.jpg[

We don't want the Big Island to turn into a Peacock Flats/Kaena Point fiasco.
~Aloha~
When I say that, I dont mean in a way to trash the place. I love the land, leave areas better then it was before and stick on already established trails.
What I do mean is fuck their personnel and both those departments attitude of "your my friend/family, you can go..but i dont know you so im gonna screw you over". Im already in the system, almost had my truck impounded 2 years ago, cant own a gun, cant get a hunting license...all because im not one of them. Funny thing is, the guy who busted me twice takes his son to the same area to do the same illegal things that he was accusing me of, but had no solid evidence.
Like I said, Mana Rd was almost my 2nd home. For awhile DHHL locked the gate between Humuula and Keanakolu, they had solar powered cameras and DHHL randomly cruised that area. Mana Rd is pretty much on lock down but its still fun to cruise. That was the past, now I know better. :D
The system in Hawaii is hella corrupt.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice pictures !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts