TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I did search.

Is there anyone who lives in the Southeastern part of Pennsylvania that would know of trails in this area? I havnt been able to find any.

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
Jwitc075 said:
Yes, I did search.

Is there anyone who lives in the Southeastern part of Pennsylvania that would know of trails in this area? I havnt been able to find any.
That are legal? Good luck. Not saying there aren't any but our state doesn't have public trail systems open to offroaders like many states do (other than for quads :rolleyes: ).

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
Yeah forgot to add that I was refering to public or "free" trail systems. Paragon and Rausch creek are the two main pay to play parks in the state. Check our pa board, there's a group going up to paragaon on the 9th of this month as well as possibly the 13th of Jan.

·
Registered
633 Posts
where do you live? i live in lancaster, and know of a few LEGAL roads that are muddy and dirty and 10 minutes away...they're access roads that get maintained about once every 2 years...nothing spectacular, but good for a fix now and then.

you can also do a little free wheeling in the rousch creek/paragon area. centralia(sp?) is fun, but watch out for sink holes...the coal mines are burning, and they pop up all the time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks. I live in Perkiomenville, you probably dont know where that is. Theres a few dirty muddy roads here too, but thats pretty boring after a while. I saw a web page that was about a wheeling trip to centralia and it deffinately sparked interest. The trails didnt seem that technical from the pictures and from what I understand it's just an abbandoned town? Is that free/legal or do you have to pay there too.

Yea, its nothing but damn quads around here...

·
Registered
633 Posts
centralia is an abandoned(sp?) and condemned town. the coal veins under it are buring, and eventually the whole town is going to cave in. it's a "gray" area. as are a number of trails and access roads in and around tower city. the trick is to obey posted no trespass signs. if you see one, turn around. it's not as technical as the planned out trails of rc or paragon, but still fun. i ride my dirtbike up at tower city trail riders, and sometimes we go to centralia...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that sounds intresting, maybe I'll check it out sometime. Its a shame theres not much around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts