TTORA Forum banner

Southerner heading to Colorado

7K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  ike 
#1 ·
I accepted a job in Arvada, and will be moving up next Sunday, then the next Sunday after that.

I've been active in TN and GA boards since 2007 and excited to move to the area.

The rig i'll be bringing up is a 97 single cab, front bumper, winch, sliders, 33s, 5.29s, and detroit rear.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
-Chris

#3 ·
Welcome to CoTTORA Chris. Sounds like you've got a very capable rig :D

#7 ·
hello

#8 ·
Also how is the emissions testing in CO?

And with my research I concluded, there is no bumper height laws, mud flap laws either.

#10 ·
Emission testing envolves an inspector looking under your hood and under carriage verifying that you vehicle has all the right emission control components according to your VECI sticker (The sticker on the underside of the hood). Also they will get in your car and make sure the CEL is working the way its suppose to. The vehicle then gets driven on a dynomometer where equipment collects exhaust samples making sure the vehicle does not exceed the Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide and Nitric Oxide levels, and also communicates with your OBD II system. Then it goes to the final stage where they test your gas cap to make sure you are getting a good seal, then you pay for the test, $25 every two years.

Others who have done engine swaps have had to go through a few extra steps depending on the year of the engine being swaped and/or the year of the body/frame.

The people they have doing the inspections, 80% of the time don't know squat about cars, so there is potential in getting away with things or dealing with extra headaches.

Correct. on the bumper height and mud flaps.

There is law that the head lights and fog lights be a certain height.

According to CRS-42-4-205:

"Every head lamp upon every motor vehicle, including every motorcycle, shall be located at a height measured from the center of the head lamp of not more than fifty-four inches nor less than twenty-four inches,"

Not sure the height limits for fog lights, but if you have them covered up you shouldn't have any problems with the man.

#11 ·
You shouldn't have issues with emmissions as long as you don't have a cel, have the right number of cats and all of your evap shit.

As you found for the other stuff colorado is pretty laid back.......unless you are vwfastg60:D

#12 ·
.......unless you are vwfastg60:D
I was that guy in TN, got pulled over twice for bumper laws and once for no bed of fenders....Only got a ticket on the no bed/fenders offense.

I pissed the bed and fenders cop off so bad (we arent required in TN to have fenders or mudflaps unless its a commercial vehicle). Took the ticket to court and won easily.

#14 ·
Chris, where did you go wheeling in TN. Anything near Nashville?

#15 ·
closest thing to Nashville was Golden MTN, never did wooleys or anything like that. Too far of a drive.

Most of the places I've wheeled is Windrock (Coal Creek), Tellico, Harlan, Aetna, Monteagle.

#16 ·
you can also avoid emissions all together in CO if you have your vehicle registered in a small mountain town. we get exemptions since not every little town has an emissions testing station

#18 ·
What are the rules in CO about purchasing used firearms? In TN if your not buying from a dealer you don't have to do crap.

#21 ·
Umm....its open carry in all of unincorporated colorado. Denver doesn't even allow conceled carry with the permit but there have been several lawsuits about that so it may have changed.

You need a permit to conceled carry and that's all that's allowed in the towms.

#22 ·

Here is how she sits, waiting on some parts.

#23 ·
This is how she sits now.

Need to redo the sliders, finish welding on the front bunmper, make a simple rear bumper, and swap out to some skinny tires.

ghetto

#24 ·
now the decision is to tow a 4x8 uhaul with the taco or the subaru.

#25 · (Edited)
Open carry is prohibited in Denver, Arvada, Castle Rock, and Breckenridge, but legal in many other places- however, be prepared to speak with a cop if you are seen doing it, and it is a very complicated issue, so def know where you are standing legally. It is a felony if you are doing it where prohibited.

Concealed carry is legal in your car without a permit, even in Denver. Concealed carry is legal with a permit anywhere in the state except, basically, schools and courthouses. Even in Denver.http://www.rmgo.org/gun-law-faqs should have just about any info you need, either on that page or somewhere else on the site.

Welcome to Colorado, hope to see you on the trails.

#26 ·
All packed up

#27 ·
Stuck in your York, NE for the night, water pump took a dump.

#30 ·
I'm from Cleveland ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.