TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at all types of lifts and I have come across a few questions. I have searched alot but just had a couple questions. First off, will a 3" spacer lift work with these coilovers? These are not mine or ones I am buying, I already have these on my truck. Too lazy to take pics... It seems like there is already a spacer on these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Tacoma-96-04-Fabtech_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQihZ013QQitemZ230057213109QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Also, if I do a 2-3" body lift, I know I have read the cons about these, just a scenario, if I do do it, what will I have to lengthen..? Thanks for the help, sort of noobish questions thats why I posted here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don't put the spacer on top of the coilover. You will overextend everything. As for the body lift, I don't have one but I'm sure you will be extending the steering shaft and gas filler neck.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Toyota00 said:
I have been looking at all types of lifts and I have come across a few questions. I have searched alot but just had a couple questions. First off, will a 3" spacer lift work with these coilovers? These are not mine or ones I am buying, I already have these on my truck. Too lazy to take pics... It seems like there is already a spacer on these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Tacoma-96-04-Fabtech_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQihZ013QQitemZ230057213109QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Also, if I do a 2-3" body lift, I know I have read the cons about these, just a scenario, if I do do it, what will I have to lengthen..? Thanks for the help, sort of noobish questions thats why I posted here.
A spacer won't work with those nor any other coil overs....

If ya do a 2-3" BL you gotta lengthen Steering, Gas Tank Filler Hose, Relocate Bumpers, Radiator.....

I have only done a 1" and only lengthened my steering.... so as far as the 2-3"s, there might be other stuff to look for, others will chime in....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Do a search on the forums about the pro's and con's of both. You'll find there are alot more con's. In the long run its cheaper to save up and get coilovers.

There was a topic on this in the suspension forum just the other day.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get the 6" trailmaster lift for 600 used but in great condition, its just the price to install kills me... I am only 17, so I don't have fat wallet yet..lol

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
like I just told another member the other day, depending on where ya live, others members will be glad to help ya out for some beer and pizza or somthing along those lines. Lifts for our trucks are generally very simple, if ya got any bit of mechanical skill. If ya don't, you'll have some once ya help put your lift in....

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
lol, X out the beer comment, i just seen your 17. Ask your pops to get ya some, or some bum outside the store ;) ... haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts