TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have Sway away 2.5 coil over and the uper Arm. and i want more lift because as i have the settings right now its just level. But i dont want to Tighten down the springs to make the ride shitty. is it possible to put a spacer on top of the coilover?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Motofreak429 said:
i have Sway away 2.5 coil over and the uper Arm. and i want more lift because as i have the settings right now its just level. But i dont want to Tighten down the springs to make the ride shitty. is it possible to put a spacer on top of the coilover?
I wanted to do the samething but everyone told me it would destroy the coilovers :confused:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
yes its perfectly safe, might as well stack them all on top of a diff drop while you are at it

make sure and take lots of pics :worthless

haha

wtf? noob, search :google:
:newbie:

:deadhors:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Im only rolling the 4 x 2 so no Diff drop here. i want some spindles but those allied are lookin pricey..

[/IMG]

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Motofreak429 said:
Im only rolling the 4 x 2 so no Diff drop here. i want some spindles but those allied are lookin pricey..

[/IMG]
:lmao: :rolleyes: :withstup: :violin: :doh:

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
Is it possible? - Yes
Should you do it? - No

Your front suspension is designed for a certain amount of travel length. By adding the spacers on top of the coilovers, you will make it possible for your suspension to exceed the limits of the stock downtravel, leading to failure of the ball joints and probably also busted CVs. If you don't mind your spindle detaching from the truck, then by all means, stack those lift kits. :eek:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
ShowStop said:
Is it possible? - Yes
Should you do it? - No

Your front suspension is designed for a certain amount of travel length. By adding the spacers on top of the coilovers, you will make it possible for your suspension to exceed the limits of the stock downtravel, leading to failure of the ball joints and probably also busted CVs. If you don't mind your spindle detaching from the truck, then by all means, stack those lift kits. :eek:
you are way too nice

·
Registered
212 Posts
ShowStop said:
Is it possible? - Yes
Should you do it? - No

What if you have total chaos ucas? Those are suppose help with travel

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Motofreak429 said:
...But i dont want to Tighten down the springs to make the ride shitty. is it possible to put a spacer on top of the coilover?
Its the changed angle of the lower a-arm that changes the ride. The spacer would move the coil down just the same as cranking the collar. The problem is the spacer will also move the shock, which is bad with stock UCAs.

·
Registered
587 Posts
garycoleman said:
What if you have total chaos ucas? Those are suppose help with travel
u seriously do not deserve your suspension setup. You should of just gone with 5 inch spacers up front and 4 inch blocks in the back with stock shocks

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
drabnor said:
yes its perfectly safe, might as well stack them all on top of a diff drop while you are at it

make sure and take lots of pics :worthless

haha

wtf? noob, search :google:
:newbie:

:deadhors:
don't you think a 3" thick top-load spacer would work? ;)

and then some 3" diff drop spacers to go with them! :D

all he has to do is throw a set of LT UCAs on there and it will work...right? :p

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Performance coilovers are already about .25" longer than regular coilovers, whhich is about the thickness of the top load spacer you would use in the first place...

Basically, it already has a top load spacer, don't add more.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ah, just thow a fabtech 6'' and a 3'' revtec spacer with blocks behind and 2 aal's on each side. Thats should fit 32's, might have to do a pinch weld mod though....... ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
5vzfe said:
u seriously do not deserve your suspension setup. You should of just gone with 5 inch spacers up front and 4 inch blocks in the back with stock shocks

yeah, I reget not going that route :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does not Change Spring Rate

Motofreak429 said:
Just moving the collar down will not change the spring rate, it will only change the preload, if you have 600lbs/in springs it will still take 600lbs of force to move the spring 1 inch, this will not change by "tighening down the springs". Unless you have already bottomed out the collar, in which case, for most after market manufactures there is a reason they have that limit. You will also over extend the joints on your front suspention if you try to create more travel.

Have you tried it yet?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts