TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the largest spare tire you can fit under a 05+ Taco in the stock position?

The reason I want to know is I am going up to 35's, but if I need to use my spare, I don't want to be rolling on a 31. Can you fit a narrow but taller tire there?

·
Registered
947 Posts
BigRedDog said:
What is the largest spare tire you can fit under a 05+ Taco in the stock position?

The reason I want to know is I am going up to 35's, but if I need to use my spare, I don't want to be rolling on a 31. Can you fit a narrow but taller tire there?
I am not sure on the 05, or the size, but I have read here about somebody that modified it to fit a larger tire. I think they cut the factory brace out and used the stock lift. I don't remember reading that they made a new brace, but I do know they had a larger tire under there. 35's might be pushing it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I too am not sure of the difference in the room of the '05+ tacos...in my '02 I was able to fit a 33" in the stock location using the stock lifting mechanism. I completely removed the brackets. No wobbles. I'm pretty sure I could fit a 35".

·
Registered
947 Posts
Jeff. said:
I too am not sure of the difference in the room of the '05+ tacos...in my '02 I was able to fit a 33" in the stock location using the stock lifting mechanism. I completely removed the brackets. No wobbles. I'm pretty sure I could fit a 35".
I measured mine when changing diff fluid this morning. A true-to-size 35 would fit on my 99, but it would be very close to the leaf springs. A 33 would fit nice in there however. Oh yea, I think your the one I was talking about. I was wondering if it moved around under there without the brackets. Guess not.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
on my 01 a 285/75/16 rubs the axle going up

·
Registered
342 Posts
BigRedDog said:

You might have to do a little fab work, but I would bet you could get a 33" tire to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts