TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spark plug question. I started my 02 V6 Tacoma and moved it probably five feet and shut it off. I came back like 3 hours later and it wouldn't start. It just cranked like the timing belt was off. I floored it and it finally started. I only have 46K miles, do you think that it was a plug problem, and I was just spraying fuel in the cylinders which lost a little comression which made it difficult to start? Any comments would be appreciated. If it is the plugs what would a good replacement be. By the way it happened last week for the first time and hasn't happened since.

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Perhaps I'm wrong here, but due to the fact that our trucks use fuel injectors I don't think your hitting the gas did anything. Press the gas with the car not started and you'll pull open the throttle body, but that's about it. The fuel won't fire from the injectors unless the computer says so.

I'm guessing that more than likely your gas pedal pressing was just coincedence and that perhaps the truck just wasn't in the mood to start. Perhaps fuel pressure was low (leak?) and it took a while for the tank to supply gas up to the motor. This seems unlikely. I had my truck apart for 6 months with the fuel system disconnected and my truck started up within 2-3 seconds, first try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts