TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck is currently not garaged, so I waited for a good parking spot in front of my apartment where nobody can park close enough to dent me with their doors, or other atrocities. Since I drive my company car almost all the time, the truck stays put, out of harm's way. I only drive it on weekends, then I put it back in the same spot (which I've conveniently reserved with my other vehicle) Unfortunately, the local birds find it incredibly inviting.
They've taken to hanging out on the rear bumber, on the tires, along the frame, in my spare tire, on top of the skidplates and all around the undercarriage. They haven't built a nest, but they crap everywhere, especially on the rear bumper. When I come out to the parking lot, I bang on the fender flares and dozens of birds scatter under the truck.

How the hell do I get rid of these birds?

(Keep in mind that I can't shoot or poison them.)

·
Registered
120 Posts
There used to be a material that comes in a caulk-type cartridge that you may be able to put on the frame rails, etc. It is a sticky-like, non-toxic type substance that gets on the bird's feet and pisses them off, so they leave. Can be wiped off easily. I used this stuff a long time ago to take care of the sparrow problem in an open building. Maybe a Farm supply store might have it. :D :2cents:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
sit there and wait for them to show up and shoot them with a bb or paintball gun lol

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
Get a car cover.
with the wind here he would be down to metal in a few months..... any sort of cover is murder in colorado whether it be an rv or car.... if its exposed to wind and such its going to do more damage than good

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check the Murdoch's farm and ranch place. Maybe they have a bird-be-gone (thanks Bob) of some sort. I get the feeling I could shoot hundreds of these sparrows, and they would keep coming back, like cockroaches. Then I'd have a pile of dead sparrows, and the neighbors would be pissed (lol!)
Even today, I got back into town and my truck was covered in snow and those fuken burds were there, chilling on my bumper having a little frikkin sparrow snow-day party.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, but it'll look so cool....and maybe I'll get a cool nickname like Hawkeye of Night-bird...
kidding, that would be quite lame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts