TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to run a few questions by you guys before wiring in my led light bar to a spdt carling switch.

Here is the wiring diagram I was going to land constant 12v from my fuseblock to terminal 2, a leg from my relay to terminal 3 to have the light be always on in this position, and then tap the high beam circuit so I can switch the switch and have them come on with high beams only (do I need to install a diode when I do this?). Does pin 7 need to be grounded? Any tips would be great, Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Definitely resurrecting an old thread here. I'm looking at doing this exact thing and stumbled upon this thread. Whats the reason for the diode with the high beams? Backfeed from the relay to the HB circuit?

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Toyota wires the both lamps, high and low beam, hot that is to the 12V source and they switch the ground side. They wire most lamps this way while most switching is done on the ground side.

Many other makes do things the other way around. The wire the ground or negative side hard and switch the supply or 12V positive side to make things happen.

Definitely resurrecting an old thread here. I'm looking at doing this exact thing and stumbled upon this thread. Whats the reason for the diode with the high beams? Backfeed from the relay to the HB circuit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts