TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lifted my 04 Tundra, and ordered 285 70 17's BFG All terrain's from tirerack.com to finish it out. I just got a call from them to confirm the order, and they can't send them because the speed rating on these tires is 99MPH and that is below Toyota's suggested speed rating of 106MPH. I really wanted those tires, and they were to get them to me before Christmas, which seems to be more than anyone in the Kansas City area can do. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They went ahead and did a supervisor override and will get them shipped yet today, hopefully, or else they may not be here to show off at Christmas! I did look into the other tires, but I like the look of the tako's and they will ride and wear nicely. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
808 Posts
What a bunch of idots. Since when was speed rating used in the US? Ask them to show documentation from DOT or NTHSA regarding speed ratings. Unless you are heading to the EU, it means nothing. Speed rating means that the tire can be driven up to the speed rated at max load for 1 hour without coming apart. As someone else state, tell them they are for another vehicle or buy them from someone else.

If you talk to a guy named Dana, hang up. He is a jackass. I used to work with him. He is stupid enough to tell you something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts