TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am wondering if anyone else feels the same as I do; to sue or not to sue? The problem needs attention but I wonder if anyone has pursued a complaint about the axle being too short into the spider gear.

The reason is this; I spent 800.00 + to fix a broken spider gear and stripped axle, due to the axle being too short. I am not trying to claim the 800 but sure would like to get my 700.00 back for the rental car I rented for 3 weeks waiting for the dealer to send the right part.

After two attempts to get the the right part my mechanic went out and got a third party fix, which btw claim the dealer has known about the axle issue for sometime.

Anyone had or has a problem like this?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,585 Posts
Too many lawsuits these days. If your truck was out of warranty, I dont think you have much ground to stand on anyways.

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do you feel that the issue is mute?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same exact problem, there were times when the rear diff would spin, but not catch, which ended up breaking the spider gear and stripping the axle.
I ended up buy a used/new rear axle housing, third member and axles.
After installing the rear end, I am having the same problem.

What did you do to fix this problem?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had the same exact problem, there were times when the rear diff would spin, but not catch, which ended up breaking the spider gear and stripping the axle.
I ended up buy a used/new rear axle housing, third member and axles.
After installing the rear end, I am having the same problem.

What did you do to fix this problem?
I never heard of this issue....specific to some years of Tacos maybe? Pics of the stripped axle splines?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts