TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a pain in the ass would it be to remove the dust covers from my 4WD & PreRunner spindles and switch them out.

The dust Covers on my PreRunner are in great shape - the ones on my 4WD spindles are pretty banged up.

Would this be more of a pain in the ass than what it's worth? Should I just try to straighten them out as best as I can?

 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
SAR_Squid79 said:
How much of a pain in the ass would it be to remove the dust covers from my 4WD & PreRunner spindles and switch them out.

The dust Covers on my PreRunner are in great shape - the ones on my 4WD spindles are pretty banged up.

Would this be more of a pain in the ass than what it's worth? Should I just try to straighten them out as best as I can?


hmm, looks like you'd have to have the axle hub pressed off first...not worth it, IMO. start bendin' ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
for the past 4 sets of spindles ive used on tacos i have cut the dust cover off and left it off, im in the desert alot and i am also in mud alot and found it to be better for the rotors to not have them on, they trap rocks and stuff and bent easily. so cutting them off and i didnt have any issues after that. i would ditch them and forget it
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
DesertTRD said:
for the past 4 sets of spindles ive used on tacos i have cut the dust cover off and left it off, im in the desert alot and i am also in mud alot and found it to be better for the rotors to not have them on, they trap rocks and stuff and bent easily. so cutting them off and i didnt have any issues after that. i would ditch them and forget it
hmm, good point since we get the 'what's making this grinding sound?' post about once a month and 80% of the time that dust cover is holding a rock against the brake and is the cause.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
hytenor said:
hmm, good point since we get the 'what's making this grinding sound?' post about once a month and 80% of the time that dust cover is holding a rock against the brake and is the cause.
I guess this would work too if you did the Tundra Brake Swap. Just get rid of that thing!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top