TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some reading here it seems the Sports have a slightly larget rear end than the Off Roads. Im curious to know if the Off Roads are weaker than the Sports because of this?

Also, is the E-locker weaker than the LSD?

With all this in consideration, will the Sport models handle a lift better than the Off Road models?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i dont think so to both of those questions.. And the locker is a whole lot better in my opinion.. Drove a sport and said nah... They packages are about the same... it all comes down to whether you want the fake sport hood scope and the color bumpers and 17" rims and maybe the shocks are a little more sporty?? The dealer said they were the same bilsteins but some people say they are different.. V.S. LOCKER haha and chrome bumpers. To me the bumper was more important cause i'm wanting to change out the rims anyways so it wouldn't benefit me..

Don't think you should have a problem lifting either one.. The rear axle should not play a part it the ability to lift it 3".... They both have the same concept ifs same everything else really so they should be equal.. pm some people with lifts you like and see what they say or SEARCH lol

·
Registered
883 Posts
the 05's had problems with the e locker rear ends, but they have fixed that problem, and they are know just as reliable as the limited slip. go with the offroad, its cheaper, and you don't have to worry about spending extra money when it comes to tires fitting on a 17 inch rim. the offroad supposedly rides differently, but i couldn't feel it at all when i test drove both.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Remember once you lift the truck none of the suspension characteristics between the sport and offroad matter anymore. You will be running all OME, Toytec, or go with Donahoe Note last choice is best choice but hey Im biased :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
what made you come to the conclusion that the sport had a larger rear end?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phoenix said:
what made you come to the conclusion that the sport had a larger rear end?
When i was searching earlier there were several threads comparing the sport to the offroad.. In these threads it was mentioned that the Sport with LSD has an 8.4" and the offroad with locker has an 8"

I already bought my Offroad, and couldnt be happier with it.. some threads on here had me second guessing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
the only thing that is or could be considered better on the sport is an overall stiffer valving and spring rate wich helps out with bigger heavier tires...but if you swap out the shocks and springs that goes out the window. also the sport has a way bigger sway bar ...that helps out with the taller stance.....i have a sport and with the heavier valving and bigger sway bar its perfect for my lift

[/IMG]

·
Registered
217 Posts
dlowe102 said:
also the sport has a way bigger sway bar ...that helps out with the taller stance
Mine is sitting on my garage floor. Off-road performance is better without it. :driving:

·
Registered
204 Posts
yea i know......but as my daily driver i worship my big fat swaybar

·
Registered
639 Posts
aaaahhhhhhdaaaaaahhhhh! Nevermind, read the other thread that is 10 pages long, the arguments been made for both sides of the fence.

·
Registered
116 Posts
noob question, whats the purpose of the sway bar? I noticed the sway-a-away coil overs came with a sway bar.

·
Registered
232 Posts
dlowe102 what kinda lift/how high is the lift/size tires?

thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
pro comp basic....6" 17x9 4.50 backspacing 35"bfg a/t's

·
Registered
224 Posts
dlowe102 said:
pro comp basic....6" 17x9 4.50 backspacing 35"bfg a/t's
Stock gears? If so how's the power and mpg?

·
Registered
204 Posts
the power is not really noticeable....and the gas mileage is just a little less....i was worried as heck before...the new 4.0 and ecu handle the 35"s so good i dont even think im gonna regear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts