TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a spray in ever get their truck painted after the fact? I think I want to get my truck painted soon, but I want a bed liner even sooner. How hard is it for the body shop to paint after a spray in is done...particularly Over-the-rails?

Danny

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm guessing they would just have to mask it off where it's sprayed over the rails. Don't see any other way of doing it. Maybe you can go over the rails after you paint it if you need the bedliner right now. My friend had to have his bedside replaced/repaired and had Rhino over the rails. They resprayed the over the rail section if not all of the liner for it to match up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
are you actually going to have the spray in liner over the bed and onto the rear quarter panels? It's your truck but it just doesn't look good.

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
I've had a rear quarter panel replaced after line-x was done
For best results - you are best off painting first

maybe line-X under the rails- that way you can finish off the OTR line-X after you repaint.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My SpeedLiner is over the rail and on the very top 1/4 inch of my quarter panel and it is the shiznit. No worry about stuff scratching it. I have recieved many good complimnets about mine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ddriggers2 said:
Anyone with a spray in ever get their truck painted after the fact? I think I want to get my truck painted soon, but I want a bed liner even sooner. How hard is it for the body shop to paint after a spray in is done...particularly Over-the-rails?

Danny

Just a thought, but wouldn't painting the truck be cheaper if they didn't have to paint the bed of the truck. Besides, they take sandpaper to whereever the bedliner is going into. This is so the bedliner will stick to the truck. if the bodyshop is any good, they should be able to mask the bedliner pretty good, and in the long run you may save some money.

Just a thought.

Norman

·
Registered
59 Posts
78fj40 said:
Just a thought, but wouldn't painting the truck be cheaper if they didn't have to paint the bed of the truck. Besides, they take sandpaper to whereever the bedliner is going into. This is so the bedliner will stick to the truck. if the bodyshop is any good, they should be able to mask the bedliner pretty good, and in the long run you may save some money.

Just a thought.

Norman

That sounds like good advise, I wouldnt want to throw bedliner over new paint anyways. It takes a long time for your paint to fully cure, and it suck it if and your liner pulled off.

·
Registered
153 Posts
BK005 said:
That sounds like good advise, I wouldnt want to throw bedliner over new paint anyways. It takes a long time for your paint to fully cure, and it suck it if and your liner pulled off.

No problem. I love my bedliner. If I could make a suggestion, I would have them also spray below the rear window. If you look, there is a panel that makes up the back of the truck cab, they can mask that off and spray just that area. If I had that done then I would never had to put up with the scratches and scrapes made by some of the loads I carry and the Tonneau cover rubbing when rolled up. I even think that they can tint the bedliner now as well.......

Later

·
Administrator
18,271 Posts
ddriggers2 said:

Danny
I had some body work done and they removed the bedliner, fixed and painted the body, then re-applied the bedliner.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What about just telling the paint shop to not paint the bed when they repaint the truck and that you are not concerned with the overspay in the bed since you plan on getting a spray in bed liner after the truck is repainted.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Since everyone on here is already posting about bedliners, I guess I will ask which one everyone thinks is best. I have seen a lot of rhino liners over the rail and I really like those but they seem to fade pretty bad, is there something to correct that or is there a bedliner out there that doesn't fade?

·
Registered
13 Posts
why not get the paint job and the bedliner all at once the body shop will probably give you a deal if you do it like that. what i did. i like the line-x the best. rhino next. i have a rhino knock off that has held up good for me. and i have a dog box in mine the most of the year and it slides around in there but i also had the body shop put a full size truck kit in a toyota so the floor is a little thicker than the rest.

·
Registered
77 Posts
RENEGADE76254 said:
this is slightly off topic, but as anybody had any luck with sumthin like a walmart roll-on for a under the rail application??
RENEGADE76254

I used Herculiner for my bed, I just followed the instructions and went to it. It has only been on for about 4 months but it seems to hold up well I went over the rail. It is messy so plan on taking your time and do very thin coats to build it up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are doing the roll in liner yourself yes it needs to be scuffed very well or lightly sanded. Go to a parts store and look at the can of liner it tells you exactly what to do.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts