TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year again! That's right, it's time for TTORA's 6th Annual Spring Break Beach Bash! For the n00bs, check out pics from our most recent Beach Bashes:

2007 - Beach Bash Pics! - NWS? (No nudes but plenty of bikini's)
2006 - My pics (couldn't find the thread with everyone's pics)

This year we are planing on having free food provided by Champion Toyota on Saturday and a big welcome to Don McGill Toyota who will provide the grub on Sunday for all TTORA members and their guests! Big thanks to Champion Toyota and Don McGill Toyota!

Directions -

Go down to Galveston Island and take the ferry over to the Bolivar Peninsula. Go down about 5 miles until you hit your first trafic signal. This should be Crystal Beach Rd. Make a right, go down to the beach and we'll be on the left hand side. EDIT - We've moved just one block east from our original spot. We'll be setting up between Kahla Dr. and Gulf Shores Dr. Here's a map:

(Image courtesy of Google Maps)

What you'll need to bring?

Drinks - Alcohol is allowed on the beach BUT glass containers are prohibited. They do take this pretty seriously so beer cans only, guys.

Wood - As in firewood. ;) As some of you know, I'm a fire bug and this weekend will be no exception. If you've got some sitting around, bring it by. Pallets make great fires too! :D Just be sure that you break them down before brining them out to the beach as we don't want to leave rusted nails.

Beads - If you'd like to participate in the "bead tossing festivities" that happen later in the afternoon ;) it might be a good idea for you to pick up some beads at a party store. Just a tip, the gigantic beads will normally net you A LOT of attention. Just ask Marco. :rofl:

I'll be bringing my canopy and the 6 & 8 foot tables that I've got. Not sure if Vince will be able to bring the pit again this year so you might also want to bring a grill in case I can't make enough space on mine. As a reminder, you now MUST have a beach parking sticker in order to park on the beach. These stickers are $10 and can be purchased from convenience stores on the Bolivar. Be sure that you get your stickers before arriving to the beach. At $10/sticker, I won't be stocking up on these things.

So who's in??? I'm going to try to make it on Friday evening but I likely won't be there until Saturday morning since I might be working that Friday.

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Im planning on being there. I need to head to the beach cabin and check on it anyways..

no word on the pit yet. The registration is out and it needs a new tire. Thats a lot of money out of pocket for me just to haul it to the beach for the weekend.. but we will see

·
Registered
406 Posts
I hope to make it down

·
Registered
51 Posts
Me and my chick should be in, depending on if my chick has to work on Sat and im going to try and get off on Sat too, this will be my first TTORA event so not sure what to expect. Are we allowed to camp out on the beach?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Me and my chick should be in, depending on if my chick has to work on Sat and im going to try and get off on Sat too, this will be my first TTORA event so not sure what to expect. Are we allowed to camp out on the beach?
Great! I think you'll find that we are a pretty easy going group. You'll probably be a little lost in the conversations at first as we normally talk about previous runs, meetings, and the stupid stuff we see on the boards (usually the National Board). Don't be afraid to introduce yourself or just find me and I'll introduce you to the crew.

Yes, camping will be allowed on the beach.

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
camping is allowed, although not advised! Your a better man than I am if you are able to camp a full night on the beach. Hell I have a beach house and I get scarred in it.

its really not THAT bad I guess. or is it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
camping is allowed, although not advised! Your a better man than I am if you are able to camp a full night on the beach. Hell I have a beach house and I get scarred in it.

its really not THAT bad I guess. or is it?
Ive camped on the beach before, although not out at Galveston area, but why is it bad?

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Ive camped on the beach before, although not out at Galveston area, but why is it bad?
It's Spring Break, there will be millions of people there partying all night long. So getting any sleep while trying to camp is next to impossible...unless you camp far away down the beach away from the "zoo".

Harold, I talked to the boss man about the grub and I think we are good to go with it. Just gotta run it by the GM.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
It's Spring Break, there will be millions of people there partying all night long. So getting any sleep while trying to camp is next to impossible...unless you camp far away down the beach away from the "zoo".

Harold, I talked to the boss man about the grub and I think we are good to go with it. Just gotta run it by the GM.

Thanks
you gettin a shack again ? if so lemme know..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well it doesent look good for me getting there on Sat morning, my chick has a AFL game she has to perform at on Sat around 5 so i dont know if well go there. When does everybody start heading out on Sunday?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excellent! Let me know when you get the final OK.

When does everybody start heading out on Sunday?
Normally, everyone is pretty hung over from Saturday night. In the past, most folks leave at around noon-1pm on Sunday. Sometimes we get our second wave on Sunday's though so it all depends on the crowd and participation.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts