TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time once again for the Annual Spring Break Beach Bash. This year some rules have changed.
Most important change is this:

The Galveston County Department of Parks & Senior Services has implemented the Parking Sticker Program for Bolivar Peninsula Beaches. Every motorized vehicle, including golf carts and 4 wheelers, will have to display a permit on their windshield to park on our beaches. We will have the parking stickers for sale beginning March 15th for $10.00 each. The parking sticker will be good for the remainder of the year.

This year i was planning on getting a beach house but have not been able to find our close to our area that's on the beach. (I'm still looking though).

It will be at the normal spot Crystal Beach Blvd. & The Beach (give or take a few block to the leaft or right)

I will be leaving sometime Friday to head up there. This year i will need some help on some stuff.

Canopies - since at the last event noone like my home built canopies that i put alot of time into & i'm not going to have the time to make them this year i ask if you have any or can buy any please do (even if it's a cheap one)

Wood- We are in desprate need of wood. The last event i brought a 16' trailer full of wood that we got from Shannon's. This year with the new lift and not a big enough drop hitch i will not be able to do it. If you have or know where to get wood please post up.

Bring your own BBQ pit if you want to eat. If i eat i usally just stop & pick food up.

I will be bringing the cones, tables & some other stuff.

I will be posting this on a few other boards please fell free to post it up on others.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Most likely I will not be able to make it. The shuttle is planning on going up on the 15th and that means I have to work all day Friday Saturday and Sunday. :mad:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my2coma said:
Also who do I purchase a permit sticker from?
All the gas stations down there should be selling them.. I'm going to check with the GP&RB and see where they sell the on Galveston

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

To get your permit EARLY at a discounted rate of $5, visit the Galveston County Park Department at 4102 Main St, La Marque, Texas 77568.. they can be reached at 409.934.8100. You can also submit your request by mail. Send a Check or Money Order (payable to Galveston County Parks Department) in the amount of $5 per vehicle to that address. Include a Name, address, and phone number with your payment and they will mail you windshield decals you put on the bottom right of your windshield (opposite side of your inspection/registration stickers). You must take advantage of this deal by Feb 28th to get the discount.

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
looks like I will be intown for this event, I will try to make it down there, and I think I will get my stickers this week

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
giddy up! Im in for whatever, if someone needs a place to crash let me know, I have a cabin on the ferry end of the beach

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
giddy up! Im in for whatever, if someone needs a place to crash let me know, I have a cabin on the ferry end of the beach
im up for some crashing with fiance so i can actually drink this time either that or ima set up a fuckin tent :rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
what size logs would you like, i'm going to be cutting wood this weekend... i'll load up a bed full... i'll be down friday night more than likely...

-travis

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
I got a beach house for the entire weekend. If you goto the map below, it shows which house I rented...it is the 'Lonesome Dove':

http://www.swedesrealestate.com/Publish/map15/index.html

Follow Crystal Beach Road to the beach and then take a right when you hit the sand, it will be the 3rd house you come to.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I'm down like syndrom !! I'll be there.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I will bring a half of a bed full of oak to burn, already split and everything...

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blinn79 said:
I will bring a half of a bed full of oak to burn, already split and everything...
sweet Thanks

1 - 20 of 78 Posts