TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is very last minute, but me and one of my buddies Scott, are going down to Spring Creek. We will be down there by about 4:45pm and plan on staying at least until it is dark (7:45 or so). We might stay a little longer if there are a lot of people to light up the trails... if anyone is interested I will be in the only silver stepside Taco down there...

I still plan on going down there Sunday too...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I did'nt see this post until after I posted on the other thread I should be free tomorrow so just give me a call later Dennis

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, here is a tip for everyone... DO NOT help drunk Jeep owners when they are stuck...

Actually it doesn't matter what they drive if they are a drunk a$$hole... some dumb sh!t in a YJ who I was pulling out pulled forward after already out of the hole and had already come to a complete stop once, ran into my front bumper with his pipe bumper on his jeep. Pushed my bumper in about 2 1/2 inches and smashed up against the body panel under the grill. Pissed me off... and all he did was laugh about it. I would have probably kicked his a$$ but he had about 8 other jeep owners/buddies with him. Thats what I get for trying to help someone!!!

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
I helped a kid out there that was wheeling daddys truck. chevy 2500 hd 4door long bed deisel, got it stuck and I tried to pull him out with my winch, first put a big dent in my excab just trying to get to where he was, then melted the terminals off my battery fromthe winch being hot....700 dollars later and I guess I didn't learn my lesson cause I got my tundra stuck trying to help some dumbass out of a field. 400 dollars later and I have vowed not to help anybody I don't know. or know that they are willing to put in some cash to help with repairs

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it is sad it has to be that way. I have always been one of those people that has stoped to help people on the side of the road or something like that, but for someone to cause damage to my truck and then laugh about it... that REALLY pissed me off!!!

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
ask me again why I refuse to go out there???

ok, I will tell you. I have to PAY for my truck and drive it to work every day. Some drunk ass-face with a 200 dollar trail rig and a case of beer doesn't care if he leaves his shit out there or drives it home OBVIOUSLY doesn't care about your shit (or his). If he had 8 jeep buddies why not let them pull his ass out?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is what was hilarious, they brought a looped end tow strap, but not a damn one of them had a hook or hitch on their jeeps. So they put the strap through the loop and around I guess his frame behind the bumper, but you can only do that with one end... so they had no way to hook the other end to one of the other jeeps... so I hooked it to my front hook and pulled him out in reverse.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Ok, here is a tip for everyone... DO NOT help drunk Jeep owners when they are stuck...

Actually it doesn't matter what they drive if they are a drunk a$$hole... some dumb sh!t in a YJ who I was pulling out pulled forward after already out of the hole and had already come to a complete stop once, ran into my front bumper with his pipe bumper on his jeep. Pushed my bumper in about 2 1/2 inches and smashed up against the body panel under the grill. Pissed me off... and all he did was laugh about it. I would have probably kicked his a$$ but he had about 8 other jeep owners/buddies with him. Thats what I get for trying to help someone!!!
If it's like that, I'll bring my shotgun on trips. That way I either get compensated or I get a jeep.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If it's like that, I'll bring my shotgun on trips. That way I either get compensated or I get a jeep.
:rofl:

I guess if I really wanted to go that route, I could have. I had my Glock 17 (9mm) and my Keltec .380 in the truck (I have a CHL).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts