TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Well its almost a new year which means almost time to start filling in vacation requests. I keep hearing rumors that it is changing venues. If that is the case my vote is for down south (harlan, windrock....my number one choice, ect)....if rausch creek is chosen that's fine too...its just gonna be a lot more $$$$ for me. I will say this about wellsville....i love wheeling there.....but i will not return if it means dragging my trailer in to the tracks....or any situation similar....i just can't justify that.

Discussion?

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Pete and I were discussing this. We were thinking Rausch Creek because I am sure we would get a huge turnout. But I would be up for something down south as well. Lets get some more ideas and I will dig up some info on the different venues.

So far

1. Rausch Creek
2. Windrock / Coal Creek
3. Harlan

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like rausch....but it will easily run me 300$ more than cc or harlan...combine that with lack of good place to stay and it becomes not my first choice.

Cc has tons of trails....a great campground that has direct access to the trails, ect ect.....plus being in the south weather would likely be better this time of year.

Harlan.....i really don't know but people seem to love it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i would love to head out with you guys this year. we also have a big group of us going to ivy the 3rd week in april. ivy has all new trails and is now owned by hatfield and mcoys. just let me know what you guys come up with.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Lets nail the date down. I was thinking we stick to the last weekend in April as we have done in the past. This would be April 26-28. According to the schedules for the different parks, the following events are going on that weekend.

1. Rausch Creek - RCrocs scenic trail/road ride
2. Coal Creek - Jeep Jamboree
3. Harlan - nothing
4. Uwharrie National Park - nothing
5. Big Dogs - Ice Breaker (looks like first planned weekend of the year)
6. SuperLift ORV- nothing

If anyone has any other ideas for places and dates, post them up.

I can't seem to find any info on Ivy. Where/what is it? I've spent quite a bit of time on www.trailsheaven.com and can't find anything with regards to trucks/jeeps.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Always wanted to go here

Www.flatnasty.com

Looking at the map its a pretty straight shot for us all.....be ~200 miles farther round trip for you guys than it would be for me. Its suppose to be a pretty sweet place and Missouri is a state i have no yet wheeled in ;)

I am down for most anything.....from talking to people who have been i doubt uwharrie is worth the trip....also heard big dogs is a little smallish.

Those dates work for me i believe

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
I agree, April 26-28 it is.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took the time off work....i suppose at some point i should go to the garage and see if my truck will even start lol

Where we going?:p

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't really care.

I have always wanted to go out to flat nasty.....for me its more less the same distance to Harlan, Coal Creek or there.....i guess thats my first choice since its new country i have yet to see.

I don't mind rausch....its just a really expensive trip for me.

I have no problem with wellsville if and only if parking can be sorted out

I really like coal creek and would gladly go back

I was not impressed with harlan the first go around but that was a long time ago and i am willing to give it another shot

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Doesn't sound like my kinda place....i am all for hardcore but have no desire to pointlessly destroy my truck

1 - 20 of 66 Posts