TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
I think we might have it narrowed down to Rausch Creek or Coal Creek. I left a message with the people from Coal Creek to see just how big this "Jeep Jamboree" really is. I'd hate to drive down there just to find 200+ jeeps clogging the trails.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Well don't think my Tacoma will be going. But I think maybe I will be pulling Terry's rig. I am not on call so I will take the 25,26,and 29 off from work.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Whats the plan for lodging if we go to rausch?

I would assume we would stay in cc's camp ground if we go there?

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Whats the plan for lodging if we go to rausch?

I would assume we would stay in cc's camp ground if we go there?
Rausch would be Echo Valley
Coal Creek would be at Coal Creek

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I really hope....or more so my wallet really hopes.....this trip goes south not east. Running some numbers this morning and i can pay for all major expenses at cc (fuel round trip, camping, land use stickers) for less than i can buy the fuel to get to rc.....i was pretty close when i guessed rc would run me a extra $300 (almost double).

At the very least if we go to rc i will prolly end up staying for free at the park...that will save me enough to cover my tolls and park membership fee (75$).

I am gonna do my damndest to make it either way.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Also i will throw out that it looks like there may be several of us coming from up here again.

Glen just had knee replacement but is already up and walking.
Jason's truck sits on the hoist getting 1 tons and rear links...it should be done
I have another friend with a solid axle s10 blazer on 37s who has expressed interest
Tim will likely decide if he wants to come 10 mins before we leave

·
4,068 Posts
Well I am out for this year. Always fun with you guys but do to some unforseen issues at home, I havent had access to the truck for a month and several more to go so the SAC isnt close to complete.

I wish I could make this more than one year in a row. :(

Y'all have fun and be safe.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Nope. I should have some time tomorrow to give them a call.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Finally had a chance to call. The lady that answered the phone has only been there 5 months so she has no idea if it is a yearly thing or how big it is. She did tell me though that none of the campsites have been reserved yet. She took my name and number and is going to have someone else call me back tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks for doing the leg work!

When i went to seto they didn't really go by who reserved what spot....they told me to camp wherever lol

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
No call back yet. I did find some info on the jeep jamboree website. It looks like this is the third year for the event. But the first year being 3 days instead of 2. Looks like they stay at a hotel near by and are going to have a pavilion reserved at the camp grounds. That explains the open camp sites. I may try calling the jeep club to get info.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
It looks like Pete won't be able to make it. He can't get that Saturday off of work because someone else already is.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Move it too 18-21, avoid jeep event, allow pete to make it. I can do this if i know on the by the weekend.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Problem is, that weekend is Coal Creeks big spring event.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Well, we need to think this through. What we are looking at is basically two options.

Option 1: April 19-21 at Rausch Creek
There is a club crawl event this weekend, but that should be contained on the comp course. Eric thinks he can swap weekends with someone at work to go this weekend and Pete will be able to get this weekend off.

So our list of attendees from Ohio would be:
Me+2
Todd
Eric+(hopefully Terry)
Pete

Option 2: April 26-28 at Coal Creek
There is a Jeep Jamboree this weekend. I still haven't been able to figure out how big it is. Camping won't be an issue, but I fear there will be traffic jams at key locations on the trails. Pete definately can't do this weekend.

So our list of attendees from Ohio would be:
Me+2
Todd+ others from up north
Eric+(hopefully Terry)

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Going to rc will not deter anyone from up here from going....it just is gonna cost more....if the early weekend will work at rc then lets lock it down and those of us from up here will scrape pennies, bend over for the toll booths and show up to wheel.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
OK. I talked to Terry, he needs to confirm he can switch his vacation. Other than that everyone else is good for the weekend prior.

I will start a new thread with all the details.

I think we can plan to go to Coal Creek in late July if you would be up for it.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts