TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Going to rc will not deter anyone from up here from going....it just is gonna cost more....if the early weekend will work at rc then lets lock it down and those of us from up here will scrape pennies, bend over for the toll booths and show up to wheel.

I am going to try and borrow ez pass from my boss. Looks like the tolls are almost halved.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Its 30$ each way to get me across ohio....we don't take the pa turnpike so that's a non issue

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
OK. Rausch Creek April 19-21 it is. I think we will try camping at Rausch this year. This should save everyone a couple $$.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
OK. I talked to Terry, he needs to confirm he can switch his vacation. Other than that everyone else is good for the weekend prior.

I will start a new thread with all the details.

I think we can plan to go to Coal Creek in late July if you would be up for it.
End of june would be better for me. I am planning on doing Seto labor day weekend (wherever it ends up) so end of june would fall in the middle....but whatever works.

I wouldn't mind going to wellsville....maybe june / july it would be dry enough to get trailers into the village?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
OK. Rausch Creek April 19-21 it is. I think we will try camping at Rausch this year. This should save everyone a couple $$.
You guys are the best This trip should be one of my best yet finally get to get out of Ohio and do some wheeling with some real friends Thanks every one for whatever you had to do to change the dates off .

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I am thinking camping at rausch may not be such a good plan.

With the comp going on i can see that place getting really full as i would imagine a bunch of the competitors will camp too.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Camping really full that is....not the trails.....i am all for saving money....but if you cram a bunch of competitors and spectators in there i start to question it.

Just thinking out loud

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
The way I looked at it: We are arriving Thursday, the comp isn't till Saturday. So we shouldn't have any trouble claiming spots. The only problem we would run into is those people not showing up till Friday, if there are any.

What s everyone's opinions? I personally would rather camp where we have showers, but there are some advantages to camping at Rausch.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I am just worried about tons of people being crammed in there Saturday evening/night depending on how late the comp runs....could make for a miserable time.

I don't want to spend the extra to camp at echo.....but i would like to have the showers and a guaranteed "quiet" setting and not being crowded.

If we do stay at echo i have every intention of leaving my tow rig/trailer there and driving to/ from the park

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
It's not far from EchoValley to Rausch. Like Todd said, maybe a couple miles. In the past we usually stopped for groceries on the way in on Thursday and didn't go out after that.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Let's get some other opinions. Pete, Terry, Eric, what do you guys think? I don't care either way, I just want to get everything finalized.

EchoValley - Costs $, has amenities, 2-3 miles from trails
Rausch Creek - Free, no amenities

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Just found this over on the PA board.

Rodge said:
"Head"

You can let Todd know that it won't be "miserable" on Saturday night due to the club comp. This doesn't draw a huge crowd to the park like RCQ does. You guys will be fine to camp there, just won't be able to go on the comp course, that's all.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Glen will definitely be in a motel

Jason and I don't really care but it wouldn't hurt either of our feelings to be at the campground....its just a few more $$ and not really an issue at this point

Tim is in for the campground only

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
yep. I talked to Pete, Terry, and Eric. We have decided to stay at Echo Valley.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts