Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5th Annual
Spring Fling

April 27-29
Wellsville,OH

:driving:

There will be wheeling on Friday and Saturday. If there is enough interest there may also be some wheeling Thursday afternoon and on Sunday. We will decide each day where we want to go in at. Depending on where we go in at, there may be a $15 per person fee to get in to Wellsville via The Village.

:camping:
We will be camping at Lock 30 RV Park www.ohiorvcamp.com from Thursday night through Sunday. This is a top notch place with very nice amenities. They have a club house with nice bathrooms with flush toilets and showers (both men's and women's), arcade machines, couches, and a pool table. They also have ample parking for tow-rigs with trailers and nice wooded campsites. You will need to call (1-877-856-2530) and make your own reservations; let them know when you call you are with the OHTTORA group. If you call before April 10 to place your 3 night reservations, you will get the third night free. Cost is $15 per person, per night. This is regardless of how many are in a tent.

There are also 2 nearby hotels for those interested www.elmotorlodge.com and www.amerihostinn.com , both of these are approx 20min from the trailheads, be sure to let us know if you choose to go this route.

There will be a group dinner and raffle on Saturday night. Click the link below for Saturday's dinner information
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186721

If you don't wish to haul food in with you, there is a Super Wal Mart nearby where you can purchase everything you need.

Walmart Super Center
16280 Dresden Avenue
East Liverpool, OH 43920

Order your Ohio TTORA Spring Fling 2012 T-Shirts & Stickers here
T-Shirt Order Thread

Please make sure your truck has a front & rear tow points and a spare tire.

This should go without saying but,
NO ALCOHOL ON THE TRAIL. Leave it at the campground.
Also we all know Wellsville is already trashed- lets not add to it, let’s set the example.
If it comes in with you, make sure it goes back out with you.

As long as you can follow these simple rules you're welcome to come wheel with us. And as always, you don't have to have a Toyota to attend. If you have friends that like to wheel, but don't drive Toyotas, they are still welcome. All that we ask is that they follow the rules.

This years raffle is sponsored by the following companies

Lock 30 RV Park
www.ohiorvcamp.com

Got-Propane
www.gotpropane.com

Mile Marker Winches
www.milemarker.com

ToyTec Lifts
www.toyteclifts.com

Powertank
www.powertank.com

Summit Racing
www.summitracing.com

Randy's Ring & Pinion
www.ringpinion.com

Spidertrax
www.spidertrax.com

Warn
www.warn.com

Low Range Offroad
www.lowrangeoffroad.com

ARB
www.arbusa.com

Fourtreks
www.fourtreks.com

Stay tuned for more sponsors!

Links to some threads about past years event
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169494
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148608
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123094

·
Registered
179 Posts
so is there safe trailer parking at entrance? still no plates on my toyota and dont really want to do freeway driving in it either if so im game for this again

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will be going in at The Village or Freezone. The condition of the road going in will be dependent on weather and the maintenance they have planned for the beginning of April. We were able to get my company Impala in all the way to the power lines a couple weekends ago. I read on wellsvilletrails.com that The Village is renting some large equipment the beginning of April to redo the driveway. I will be going back down again the end of this month and the middle of April to scope it some more to see how they do with the maintenance. If the weather is too bad, or they don't fix the road well, those of us with tow rigs can go in at the Freezone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
well im in if there will be other tow rigs and trailers in the group parked near by. i may have a friend in another vehicle come aswell but we will see. ill make my reservations soon for loc 30

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
redyota said:
well im in if there will be other tow rigs and trailers in the group parked near by.
There will be at least 4 other tow rigs there for sure.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I'm towing, I gotta check.....there may be 2-3 more rigs coming with me...all of which will be towed. I am almost sure on one...gotta check on the other two.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn, so we are going to have like 10 tow rigs.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
One of the people who may come with me can drive his jeep to the trails if he has to. I will have plates and insurance on mine but I am not sure that I will have a new rear driveshaft that is not all out of round....either way there is no way I am driving that far on the 38's. The rig coming with me for sure is a s10 on 38's with full hydo steering so his road ability is not great. Its just natural progression I guess.....i remember when none of us towed....now we all do.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Gotta talk to the wife but I have really been trying to make it out again but life has gotten in the way the last few years.

:Fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Eric,

Good news: I will likely have a open seat.

Bad news: You likely will not fit comfortably in my passenger side harness (i don't)

·
Registered
30 Posts
That sucks

I was hoping to make it out again but me and Charlie are going to be in Moab that week. It's cool though can't wait for Rausch creek

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was hoping to make it out again but me and Charlie are going to be in Moab that week. It's cool though can't wait for Rausch creek
Really?! :confused:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts