TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Form

Just to save everyone some time you may want to print and fill out the Membership form/waiver and bring it with you.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I am 87.6% sure the alternator trying to die.....new one will be here monday.....i am coming....worst case scenario it acts up again and i end up leaving the Toyota running on the trailer charging and just rotate batteries every hour or so lol

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
(I am 87.6% sure the alternator trying to die.....new one will be here monday.....i am coming....worst case scenario it acts up again and i end up leaving the Toyota running on the trailer charging and just rotate batteries every hour or so lol )

You always could run some jumper cables from the toy to the tow rig had to do that one time

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I am 87.6% sure the alternator trying to die.....new one will be here monday.....i am coming....worst case scenario it acts up again and i end up leaving the Toyota running on the trailer charging and just rotate batteries every hour or so lol
Any way to lock the fuel cut off open on the 5.9? Is that version reliant on the computer to run?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
It's all better (knock on wood) now with the new alternator. It was a very intermittent problem and hard to diagnose since the voltage regulator is part of the pcm not part of the alternator....i couldn't tell if the computer was telling it not to charge or if it simply couldn't charge.....finally found a test procedure but i had to perform it while it was acting up which involved driving around till it acted up then pulling over and diagnosing it on the side of the road....at that point everything pointed to the alternator so i changed it....good news is if it does it again and its the pcm i can just bypass that and install a universal external voltage regulator and be off and running.

·
Registered
179 Posts
all you guys have a good time and be safe ill be waiting for pictures other priorities are here stopping me from coming this year

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Had a great time wheeling with everyone. Thank you all for coming out. I hope everyone made it back home OK.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
41 - 60 of 64 Posts