TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on S.A.S. parts list, using a d44, I've heard about a superlift spring kit that offers up to 20" lift. Should I go with a set off of a parted out truck. If so which ones would be the best to acheive 12" or more lift. Thanks guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
MTNRIDE said:
Working on S.A.S. parts list, using a d44, I've heard about a superlift spring kit that offers up to 20" lift. Should I go with a set off of a parted out truck. If so which ones would be the best to acheive 12" or more lift. Thanks guys.
20" of lift? I hope that D44 is a 65" one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Why in the heck do you need 12inches of freaking lift? Brian at Front Range Off Road clears 42s with some Downey 3 inch springs and a two inch body lift. Lower is better. I am running waggy springs (7leaf) with 3 inch body and I can clear 39s. I need to lower the COG so the body lift is coming off. I only run 35s and I don't need this much lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Timbuddha said:
Why in the heck do you need 12inches of freaking lift? Brian at Front Range Off Road clears 42s with some Downey 3 inch springs and a two inch body lift. Lower is better. I am running waggy springs (7leaf) with 3 inch body and I can clear 39s. I need to lower the COG so the body lift is coming off. I only run 35s and I don't need this much lift.
Which downey springs are they? Do you recommend them? Which waggy springs do you have?
I have heard, to clear 40 s (39.5), I need 12" lift. I currently have 7 " total lift and just clear 36s but very stiff and topped out. Cutting fendrs isn't an option.
Going for about75% mud 25% rocks.
Thanks for the reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
I have the JC Whitney 7 leaf pack and I would not recommend them as they cannot handle the abuse of hard wheeling. I don't know which kind of Downey springs Brian runs, but I would recommend Marlin's new springs as I have heard nothing but good things about them. I will be running a set of their 3 inch springs as soon as they get here. Cutting fenders is a badge of courage and honor!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timbuddha said:
I have the JC Whitney 7 leaf pack and I would not recommend them as they cannot handle the abuse of hard wheeling. I don't know which kind of Downey springs Brian runs, but I would recommend Marlin's new springs as I have heard nothing but good things about them. I will be running a set of their 3 inch springs as soon as they get here. Cutting fenders is a badge of courage and honor!
As you can tell, this is my first attempt at the sas's. I have seen a lot of posts about the JC Whitney springs. Which springs from JC Whitney are the Waggy springs. I don't plan on doing any hard wheeling @ first. Would like to get a reliable setup without going overboard on price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
They are 3" springs for a 79-85 truck. With those and our hanger we got 5" of lift, plus the 2" body. I would like the truck 1-2" lower, but just not an option now

For clearing the tires, bumpstops and axle location clear em. No really lift. The truck would need to be lifted enough so that you still have compression before hitting stops. Interesting enough, there's a local here with a SA Taco that ran 40's and no cutting. He didnt want to cut fenders either. Lucky for him get got production cage #2 and tested it by going all the way over on Moab Rim. Needless to say he's now lowered the truck, cut the fenders, and still falls over a lot. If you arent looking for anything serious in the rock area, you could run our hangers, and 7" superlift springs, and tall bumpstops. That would net you 9" of lift, then toss the front axle 3" forward or so. And possibly a body lift to top it all off. Cut those fenders, smooth 'em out with a sanding disk. then run 5-7" of lift, and clear those tires. Plus the truck will be much more fun to drive/wheel.


MTNRIDE said:
Which downey springs are they? Do you recommend them? Which waggy springs do you have?
I have heard, to clear 40 s (39.5), I need 12" lift. I currently have 7 " total lift and just clear 36s but very stiff and topped out. Cutting fendrs isn't an option.
Going for about75% mud 25% rocks.
Thanks for the reply.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top