TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this 4Runner has some AllPro springs on it that are kinda stiff in my opinion. Initially I was going to build a custom RUF pack and run either F150 or Chevies out back; or should I give them more trail time to settle? How long does that take?

Input welcome; or if anyone wants to trade, lemme know. I think they're 4" lift but have no exact idea... just a guess. To build the RUF pack I'm looking for 3rd gen springs too. U Pull had one 93-ish 4Runner, an 85 4x4 and 86 2wd this past Monday in case you were thinking that direction.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Those springs are settled, they're about 7 years old I believe. They were under my old extra cab before the runner. Let me know when you swap em out, I'll take them off your hands. I ran 48" RUF on that runner before the allpro springs.

·
20,355 Posts
I think a 93 runner will have coils in the rear.

From my experience leaf springs will always be a bit stiff ride wise

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think a 93 runner will have coils in the rear.
From my experience leaf springs will always be a bit stiff ride wise
Sorry, I meant springs from 2wd trucks; or I may be wrong there as well.

It'll be a while until I switch springs; probably over the winter. I'd like to get a few more trail miles in before Jambo to see what's up; so far I need a power steering pump and exhaust.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently my dumb ass didn't air down enough; 20 is a tad much for most trails... 10 is better. I'm keeping these springs, have replaced the rear shocks and have to measure for bump stops at some point. I still have these 14" Bilsteins that have to go on something... maybe they'll fit up front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
wakkjobb
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing