TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my Downey AAL broke, I replaced it with some Downey Shackles. Now my rear springs are starting toget some negative arch. I dont want to buy custom springs yet because I am planning on getting a new lift sometime in the future. What can I do for the time being? Add another stock leaf into the pack?

·
Registered
436 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
bump to everyone for some advice
yea, it wouldnt hurt anything to throw another leaf in there if ya have one layin around. will probly need a lil bit longer center pin though since there will be another leaf in there.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jhorn_007 said:
yea, it wouldnt hurt anything to throw another leaf in there if ya have one layin around. will probly need a lil bit longer center pin though since there will be another leaf in there.
I already have the longer center pins that came with the Downey AALs.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
valkyrie said:
Brad, if you're ok with a cheap, temporary fix another set of AAL's (FT205) is only about $35. I can duoble check price tomorrow & give 'em to Mike Thursday for TTORA express...
Chris, I have a set of Pro-Comp short AALs in my garage that I got from Carlos a long time ago. The thing is, I dont want much more lift in the rear. I have the shackles which level the truck and anything else I add to the springs will lift it.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
cooper4x4 said:
Chris, I have a set of Pro-Comp short AALs in my garage that I got from Carlos a long time ago. The thing is, I dont want much more lift in the rear. I have the shackles which level the truck and anything else I add to the springs will lift it.
Well, they won't do that much (a couple of inches MAX), and are less damaging to your remaining springs than the short AAL.

If you have a spare set of leafs lying around then by all means use them first.

If, however, you are lifting your truck soon, and it sits level now, then maybe you don't really need to do anything at all...? Just a thought...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts