TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hoping Kyle will help here.

Ok 39.5's are on I knew I would need to move the axle forward. I know rears up front will do the trick. Ive got a hanger built from when I built Kyles hanger, I built 2 cause I knew the day would come for me to need one. Now my problem. I happy with the lift I got I think I'm even happy with the way it flexes. My thought is to take the main leafs out of my front pack and the rear packs I got. Replace my front main leaf with the rear main leaf. If im right this in turn would move the axle forward and also not change my lift height. Also I wouldnt have to worry about replacing the spring hanger. The hanger I built has 2" of lift built in.

Will this work in theory?

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
James,
I'm sure you've already seen this from PPB but... here's the link and some good dimensional info below (from the link). Bout went crossed eyed reading through all that info. Good stuff. I needed a refresher anyway... Actually, Kyle put me on this a while back. I had no idea about the RUF option.

Good luck with it. If ya need any help on a Sat or something give me a holla!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265669&page=12

Stock toy rears move the axle forward 2” because they are only 20.5" on the front half where as a stock toyota front spring is 22.5".

Heres some spring info about Toyota Leaf springs.

79-85 Toyota front
Flat length = 45"
Front Half = 22.5"
Rear Half = 22.5"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 18mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

79-83 Toyota Rear
Flat length = 48"
Front Half = 21.125"
Rear Half = 26.875"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 18mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

84-88 Toyota Rear
Flat length = 48"
Front Half = 20.5"
Rear Half = 27.5"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 14mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

89-95 Toyota Rear
Flat length = 51"
Front Half = 21.5"
Rear Half = 29.5"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 14mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Ted Ive seen all that before but I'm just trying to get out of a whole lot of work.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to get out after Church tomorrow and swap out main leafs and see if it will work.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
swap out main leafs and see if it will work.
Best way to know if it'll work!! :D

If I understood your first post correctly... I'm going to say the main spring might be on the long side giving incorrect shackle angle... but who knows.

As for lift, I'm going to guess it's just a matter of adding/removing lower springs and possibly cutting some up to come up with a good tapered pack...

Keep us posted, I gotta do BR one of these days and still haven't settled on which method to use...

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea the shackle angle will be off. To do it ya got to have a Banana shackle. Kyle's got some I can buy or I'll make my own.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope Im going to wait till I get the spacers. Im getting them for Christmas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts