TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a squeaking sound coming from my front left side of my 2001 Tacoma 4x4. It occurs when I am and am not applying the brakes. I can usually only hear it when the window is cracked and I'm driving next to a building. Anyone else have this problem and know what it is?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
hunterc41 said:
There is a squeaking sound coming from my front left side of my 2001 Tacoma 4x4. It occurs when I am and am not applying the brakes. I can usually only hear it when the window is cracked and I'm driving next to a building. Anyone else have this problem and know what it is?
Take and blow out the brakes with compressed air. see if it is not just something stuck. My buddies 99 taco had this issue yesterday this fixed it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
im and having this similar problem, your saying just sray air like from a gas station hose on the brake and around the caliapar, mine sounds like break squeking

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
alabamatacomaguy said:
im and having this similar problem, your saying just sray air like from a gas station hose on the brake and around the caliapar, mine sounds like break squeking
Yup. I heard his very loud squeek with every rotation of the wheel. Just used the air chuck and blew it out. No more squeek.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You might want to check your front brake pads to see if they are worn down. When the pads wear down to far their are small metal tabs on them that drag on the rotars causing a constant squeking noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got an estimate. They said the brake sensor was rubbing on the rotor and that I would need a new rotor and it would cost ~$170. Is this mechanic screwing me or does this happen on a 90,000mi. 2001 tacoma?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts