TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my truck is squeaking like crazy. It is coming from the leaf springs.

My question is what type of grease do you use?

Where do you apply the grease and how much?

Is WD40 any good? I used it when I had stock springs and it worked fine until they got wet again.

I try to wheel like once a month but all the other 29 days when I drive to work, the squeaking bothers me to death.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
The noise is probably from the shock bushings, remove them and lubricate them..They are notorious for sqeaking..Or just remove the shocks and bounce it if you think it's from the leafs..could be..

·
Registered
565 Posts
WD40 will work for a while...
The best thing to do is remove the bolt and grease it as well as the inside of the bushing. It is a pain. The rubber in mine is shot and I plan on upgrading to poly and greasable shackles and hanger pins soon.

I just used regular grease, like I use on all the zerk fittings under the truck, maybe that's why the rubber is shot......:confused:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Blinkin2000 said:
My question is what type of grease do you use?

Where do you apply the grease and how much?
When I intalled new shackles I greased the hell out of the bolts and bushings, just used whatever grease was handy at the time.

Silicon grease is usually good for greasing most types of rubber, some greases actually degrade the rubber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
mudferret
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing