TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
supahonkey said:
anyone have a cure for squeaky leaf spring bushings?
are you sure its the bushings? usually its the leafs rubbing on each other. NWOR sells some little pads that go between each leaf. There was some other site that had them as well but I can't recall.

If it is the bushings the only solution is to replace them with new and grease them up good on install. Greasable shackle bolts are also available from Downey and NWOR.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
supahonkey said:
I used to SOAK the leaf packs with WD-40 after I sprayed all the dirt, rocks, mud out from between the leafs with a hose. It works until the lube wears off, then it's time for anopther coat!

--Scott

·
Registered
161 Posts
Daystar sells a main eye greaseable bushing kit and OME sells a factory length greasable shackle set.

I've got both and I NEVER hear any suspension noise except for an occasional leaf spring squeaks.

It's at least as quiet as it was with the factory set up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used aluminum antisieze on the spring bolts, bushings and between the springs (but not between the overload and spring pack) . No noise yet but then the 63" chevy springs have only been in a month on a daily driver.

·
Registered
458 Posts
supahonkey said:
You just put a solid axle under your truck and you are worried about squeaky bushings? ;) Well, ok. I guess that drives some people nuts... Replace the bushings with the black ones from Energy Suspension. The black ones are graphite impregnated and it will reduce the squeek considerably, but it will not totally go away. As someone already mentioned it could be the leafs. My 44044s squeak like crazy and they have the spring pads between them. Although they did not do it when they were new and only started doing it as they have gotten older.

later!
shane

·
Registered
565 Posts
WD40
or greasable shackles.....

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The problem os that your stereo SUCKS!!! Boost the db on the Primus to maybe 110. You won't hear any friggin' squeaks after that!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tried WD-40 and white lithium - both attracted too much dust and created more squeaking. Get a tube of powdered graphite from your local hardware store. I did both of mine and only used half the bottle. Shoot it between the springs themselves and in the bushings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
supahonkey said:
I never use WD-40 as it tends to dry out and thus cause cracking on rubber surfaces. You can pick up a can of spray Silicone from any auto part store for under $5.00 bucks and it will take care of the bushings right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts