TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased donahoe coilovers from URD and I've noticed that after having it installed to make this squeaking noise every time I jounce the vehicle up and down. I never had this squaking problem with my stock coilovers and now for some reason it's squeaking. Could it be my coilovers that are squeaking? I'm pretty sure i've pin pointed it to the coilovers. Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Did you put UCA's on at the same time? Probably the UCA bushings. I have been running the Hoes for quite a while now and have no noises.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would i be better off purchasing UCA's rather that replacing just the bushings? And how come all of a sudden they started to squeak? Well anyways I hope it's not my new coilovers that are the problem.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Mine squeaked for a while when I first got them. Its not a big deal and most of it will go away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine squeaked for a while when I first got them. Its not a big deal and most of it will go away.
Thanks for the input, i was really concerned that i was the only one with this problem. So you was saying that most of the squeaking will go away? Well i've only had them in for about 3 days now, about how long does coilovers usually take to break in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howzit, It took about 2 weeks of light driving before the squeaks went away on my Hoe's. Did some wheeling this weekend and didn't hear a single sound.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i got my hoes and camburg uca's installed last week and mine are sqeaky as well. so i figure once they coils settle the noise will go away

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just had my donahoe coilvers installed 4 days ago and they sqeak to. I spoke to a rep from Donahoe and he said it was probably the upper control arms, what he suggested I do was to loosen them up and move the front end up and down a few times and then torque them back up I took it back to the shop and had the them try this and it quited down a little bit so I think I'm going to let ride for awhile and see how things are after about 500 miles

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently purchased donahoe coilovers from URD and I've noticed that after having it installed to make this squeaking noise every time I jounce the vehicle up and down. I never had this squaking problem with my stock coilovers and now for some reason it's squeaking. Could it be my coilovers that are squeaking? I'm pretty sure i've pin pointed it to the coilovers. Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused:
I called Donahoe a couple of days ago about the squeaking problem and I was told if the upper control arms were not making squeaking noise then it was the dirt shield on the bottom of the coilovers. He also said to spray some white lithium greese on them and it would stop, well I'm happy to say that worked, I hope this will help you guys out to

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
would some general grease not work?

·
Registered
345 Posts
since when squeak became a problem.. as long as your truck is riding the way you want it then it does not matter.. just my point of view..

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
since when squeak became a problem.. as long as your truck is riding the way you want it then it does not matter.. just my point of view..
Mine too, my hoes squeak, my camburg arms squeak, my deavers squeak, But the truck rides like a dream so i DGAF (Tweeter).:D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Mine too, my hoes squeak, my camburg arms squeak, my deavers squeak, But the truck rides like a dream so i DGAF (Tweeter).:D
yep same here! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Geez guys. Haven't you people been told, the suspension squeak means that your suspension is working in its full potential. lol. My TC uppers also squeaked, nothing some Mobil 1 couldn't fix. haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts