TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just different trim levels. SR5 and Limited are pretty much same thing just toyota uses them to name there different packages.

Ex. The 4-runner has a sports package, sr5, and limited. Limited has nicer interior and better sound system than the sr5 and sports.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
limited has chrome side mirrors, letherwrapped steering wheel, and seats with lumbar support. Sunroof is an option.

I'm not sure how much more expensive it is, but I definately love the seats. I have one out of an S-runner, which is the same seat, and my long trips are far far less painful now. :)

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I magine that Kelly blue book (kbb.com) probably lists the differences in trim packages by year. I can remember some of the differences from '99. The limiteds had the radio/cassete/CD combo, the SR5s had just radio/cassette. For those that had fender flairs, the Limiteds were color-matched, the SR5s were black. Although the sunroof was not part of the Limited package, most at the dealers were bundled that way, hardly any of the SR5 at the dealers also came with the sunroof. From what I remember, by adding different other option packages you could make an SR5 identical to a Limited in '99 except for the power door mirrors, but it would come out to $3000 less MSRP.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I thought the SR5 was the "high" end model up through 1997and the LX used to be the mid level package.

In 1998 the SR5 was the mid level package and the Limited became the high end.

I think different years mean different things. Years might be wrong though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can't tell for sure that these spec's applied to Double Cabs as stated, but here's the run-down from the factory 2002 specs sheet:

SR5 Chrome / Color-Keyed Package

Includes (chrome / color-keyed) plated front and rear bumper and grille surround, tilt steering wheel with variable intermittent wipers, fabric sunvisor with mirror and visor extension, tachometer with twin trip meter, white faced gauges, Deluxe AM/FM ETR/Cassette/CD with four speakers (regular cab only), Deluxe AM/FM ETR/cassette/CD with six speakers (Xtracab only), air conditioner, digital clock and SR5 badging

Limited Package

Includes color-keyed front bumper, chrome plated rear bumper, chrome grille surround, door handles and power outside mirrors, power windows and door locks, glove box lamp, front personal lamp, tilt steering, variable intermittent wipers, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, sport seats with driver's power lumbar, color-keyed overfenders, fabric sunvisor with mirrors and visor extensions, tachometer and twin trip meter with white faced gauges, Deluxe AM/FM ETR/Cassette/CD with six speakers, air conditioner, digital clock, sliding rear window with privacy glass, 16-inch five-spoke alloy wheels with P265/70R16 tires and Limited badging

1 - 8 of 8 Posts