TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this has been asked incessently:

"can i put (insert spacer brand) ontop/with my (insert coilover brand) to get more lift?"

THE ANSWER IS STILL NO!

basically what youll do is over extend your front suspension thus blowing cv's, balljoints, etc. not to mention you probly wont be able to get it into place.

if you want more lift than what you have from your coilovers, get a drop bracket suspension lift (trail master, pro comp, tuff country, fabtech), get a body lift, or gut the front and do a sas.

can a mod make this a sticky or something

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
what if i put the coilover ontop of the spacer?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
lol.....I just started a thread about that......I don't think they would be considered an actual "spacer" lift, rather than a "leveling" acc.
I don't know. but I need some.
Trevor

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
ElBandito said:
ok this has been asked incessently:

"can i put (insert spacer brand) ontop/with my (insert coilover brand) to get more lift?"

THE ANSWER IS STILL NO!

basically what youll do is over extend your front suspension thus blowing cv's, balljoints, etc. not to mention you probly wont be able to get it into place.

if you want more lift than what you have from your coilovers, get a drop bracket suspension lift (trail master, pro comp, tuff country, fabtech), get a body lift, or gut the front and do a sas.

can a mod make this a sticky or something
Good point. Not only that, the stock wheel travel is only about 7" to 8" up front. Since spacers and coilovers achieve lift by pushing down on the control arm assembly, they use up available downtravel. Aside from balljoint, CV boot/axle and tie rod end wear, anything more than 3" will use up the last remaining bit of downtravel available - as you said, "over extending" the front suspension.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i see what you guys are saying about not stacking the spacer on a coilover but my intentions is not to fully max the coilover. all i need is an extra inch or so out of the coilover. i currently have a toytec 2.5 spacer in the front and because of my sound system in the cab the has sank acouple of inches down. i am just looking to get the same height back from when i first put the lift on. i was wondering what coilover works with the toytec spacer so i can stack it?

thanks

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NOT DONE THIS...

...I still think it would be okay to put the little 1/4" ToyTec Top Plate Spacers over your SAW or ICON adjustable coilovers. This will net you around 1/2" - 3/4" of lift without having to crank your coilovers so far. You could still get the lift you want, and have a little softer ride.

Once again - I haven't done this, but see no reason why this wouldn't be 100% fine.

:2cents:

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
i see what you guys are saying about not stacking the spacer on a coilover but my intentions is not to fully max the coilover. all i need is an extra inch or so out of the coilover. i currently have a toytec 2.5 spacer in the front and because of my sound system in the cab the has sank acouple of inches down. i am just looking to get the same height back from when i first put the lift on. i was wondering what coilover works with the toytec spacer so i can stack it?

thanks
Your coils are shot. Adding more preload would just make it worse. adding top-load, while not making your sagging issue any worse may (depending on how thick a spacer you use) contribute to blowing your ball joints and CVs.

you either need to replace the coils (OME is a good one and will negate the need for the spacers you have now...can't use them with OMEs anyway...) or go to a set of adjustable COs that include a heavier coil spring as well as a shock matched to it.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

...I still think it would be okay to put the little 1/4" ToyTec Top Plate Spacers over your SAW or ICON adjustable coilovers. This will net you around 1/2" - 3/4" of lift without having to crank your coilovers so far. You could still get the lift you want, and have a little softer ride.

Once again - I haven't done this, but see no reason why this wouldn't be 100% fine.

x2 sounds good in therory(Never tried). I was thinking about doing this when i hade my taco. I hade the ext. coil overs would that of made me get too much down travel?

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts

SAW/Icon/Camburg coilovers are already .5 or so longer than your stock coils.

You don't want to go more than .5" longer. If it were possible, these companies would have designed it already into their systems.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
LOL, I'd have to re-activate the account and pay them $ :p
all that stuff is still archived, I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts