TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ss b lines 2wd

where can a guy get stainless steel brake lines for a 03 2wd tacoma. So far they are just made for the 4wheelers, whats w/ that?:banghead:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
You might want to try posting in the "Prerunner" or early model Tacoma folders. This one is for the "pre Tacoma" compact trucks and 4Runners and therefore doesn't have the traffic the Tacoma folders do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
where can a guy get stainless steel brake lines for a 03 2wd tacoma. So far they are just made for the 4wheelers, whats w/ that?:banghead: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Toytec has rear lines that are longer. You may be able to have some made by Crown too.

What do you need SS lines for?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,520 Posts
Crown Performance can make anything you want for any vehicle. Why not contact them and see what they can do?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I installed a set of Wheeler's stainless steel brake lines about a week ago.

First, I bled the system (including the LSP&BV) to replace the fluid. The fluid flush needed to be done anyway (30k interval), and I wanted to see if there was any noticable difference with stainless lines. I drove on the old lines and new fluid for about a week.

Then, I changed the lines and bled the system again (all five points).

At least for me, with the stock rotors and NAPA ceramic pads, there is a huge difference in pedal feel. There is about a half inch of play before the booster kicks in, but from that point the pedal is very firm and braking very positive. I have had to learn how to stop without that final lurch again.

I suppose the age (5 years, 110k miles) of the original lines must be considered in the comparison. I'm not certain how SS lines would compare to factory new stock lines, but i wanted to throw my :2cents: in.

BTW, Wheeler's was very good on shipping cost and time. I think next I will get a new set of rotors (and probably pads to go with) from them.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think you will find that most stainless steel lines are only cosmetic. They put the SS sheath over a traditional hose that contains aramid or some other braiding material. True SS steal lines can fatigue and cause failure. That is why you see a lot of these lines that are not DOT approved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts