TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sick of having to push the clutch in every time you start your rig?

-Look toward the floor under the clutch pedal, See a switch? [one that your clutch pedal pushes down when its pushed all the way in]
-Note the color markings of the two wires on this switch
-Pull the 'Start Clutch Cancel' switch out of your dash--- A really small flat head screw driver works well to get it popped out
-Unplug the switch
-find the two wire colors that are also on the switch by the clutch pedal and jump them together

Now you wont have to push that stupid switch to start your rig with the clutch out! And, can make better use of the new hole in your dash for another switch.
Great for: Those early mornings when you head out to warm up the truck [dont have to sit in that cold seat to start her up]... Those tight spots wheelin when you need to use the starter to slowly get you out of something [:p To all of you Crawler guys]... Just feelin' lazy!?!

Dont run over any old ladies in the parking lot because you forgot it was still in gear though!!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Better make sure you're in neutral. Don't want to spill that coffee in the morning all over your truck when trying this with a sleepy head!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt said:
Better make sure you're in neutral. Don't want to spill that coffee in the morning all over your truck when trying this with a sleepy head!
Its a quick 'wake me up' before that drive to work! LOL

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
you can use this as part of a anti theft kill switch

You can use this a kill switch also.

Disconnect the switch at the clutch as described, but leave the button on the dash.

Now EVERY time you start the truck you have to push the switch in...but you don't have to push the clutch in...

later

·
Registered
109 Posts
bryanb1 said:

Disconnect the switch at the clutch as described, but leave the button on the dash.

Now EVERY time you start the truck you have to push the switch in...but you don't have to push the clutch in...

later
that would be a good security thing if some jackass tries to steal your rig, they could hotwire it all they want but it wont start unless they know to do that... it's like a starter kill switch... pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
bryanb1 said:

later
That's a great idea, I'm going to run those wires up to a hidden switch so it has to be on to start the truck. Nice, easy kill switch. Thanks. .....Steve

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
Ripcurlsurfin96 said:
ive heard around that pushin that button to start ur truck really isnt "good" for it... is this just b/s?
It doesn't make a difference. When you push in your clutch, it triggers a little button that does the same thing as the one on the dash. Just make sure its not in gear when you use the clutch start cancel.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The reason they started putting the switch on the clutch pedal was to keep people from cranking the truck while its in gear and it taking off into something. The cancel switch was then added so that you could crank( knowing it was out of gear of course) the truck without having to get into the seat. So no i dont see how this could be harmfull to anypart of the truck unless it is in gear and you run into something.

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
The clutch start cancel can help a lot in the older carbed trucks. It allows the driver to bump the starter with the truck in gear, causing it to move forward.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
valkyrie said:
LOL! A guy here has the clutch start bypassed and also uses a remote starter.

A month or so ago, from inside the comfort of his house, he decided to remote start his truck to warm it up... forgetting it was in gear.

Not pretty. :D
Oh nice.... that wouldnt be to good. But then again some mornings I get called into work and start the stuck with the clutch in... then pull by foot back out forgetting it's not in N... thats when I wake up.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
valkyrie said:
LOL! A guy here has the clutch start bypassed and also uses a remote starter.

A month or so ago, from inside the comfort of his house, he decided to remote start his truck to warm it up... forgetting it was in gear.

Not pretty. :D

I did that to mine i just jammed the switch to where it was
" on " fulltime and installed a remote starter however i dont leave my truck ingear unless on a hill cheap walmart ass rem. starter burned up

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
01taco4x4 said:
The reason they started putting the switch on the clutch pedal was to keep people from cranking the truck while its in gear and it taking off into something. The cancel switch was then added so that you could crank( knowing it was out of gear of course) the truck without having to get into the seat. So no i dont see how this could be harmfull to anypart of the truck unless it is in gear and you run into something.
Yes it allows you to start the truck without getting in, but its real use (as far as wheelin' is concerned) is to allow you, while in low gear and stalled on an incline, to use the starter to creep the truck forward.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Eztrog88 said:
Yes it allows you to start the truck without getting in, but its real use (as far as wheelin' is concerned) is to allow you, while in low gear and stalled on an incline, to use the starter to creep the truck forward.
Poor starter :eek: , I've been dubious of doing this because of the "wrong " sound it makes when I do it by accident. It sounds like it hurts...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts