TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew of some options for a sub box for the back seat of an extra cab that would allow me to use my jumpseats, be as unobtrusive as possible, and not be an eyesore. Using the seach I found a few pictures, but only one link to a JL Audio Stealthbox. I am not sure of my pricerange so any ideas would be appreciated.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
If you use a stealthbox, use a sub that it recomends (probably a JL)

Reason being, the sub doesn't make the bass, the box does. I odn't care if you spend 10 grand on a sub, it will still sound like shit if you put it in a box that isn't specced out correctly for the sub.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NorcalPR said:
If you use a stealthbox, use a sub that it recomends (probably a JL)

Reason being, the sub doesn't make the bass, the box does. I odn't care if you spend 10 grand on a sub, it will still sound like shit if you put it in a box that isn't specced out correctly for the sub.
Yeah I'm not looking to blow a lot of money on subs. I would like to keep a good overal sound to the stereo system and have a little, but not alot, of thump. Also, assuming I get one 10" sub, should i upgrade other speakers for a balanced sound? What amp works well? Do i need to upgrade the deck? Thanks for the feedback.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Up to you, to get the most out of your sound, you should do all of the above.

No need to blow money on subs, you need to blow money on a properly specced box.

You can buy Shitty ass MTX subs, and put them in a properly specced box, and it will be louder, (and cleaner) than a JL W3V2. Trust me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NorcalPR said:
Up to you, to get the most out of your sound, you should do all of the above.

No need to blow money on subs, you need to blow money on a properly specced box.

You can buy Shitty ass MTX subs, and put them in a properly specced box, and it will be louder, (and cleaner) than a JL W3V2. Trust me
So what box will give me the best quality sound, and fit well?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
If you search ebay you can get a 8inch kicker in a little box that fits in the back under a seat however, Ive heard that will hit the sit down part of the jump seat. Either get a JL stealth box which i would I if i had the cash, or get one made at a custom audio shop, Im sure they make one.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
If you get a JL stelathbox, you may want to contact JL audio and find out what sub they want in there.

If you buy the one on ebay, how are you sure that it is speced out correctly, and not by some joe schmoe?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's mine that I made.

It sounds really good, not huge bass or anything, but great filler. It gives that little thump in the back of your seat. The seat will fold down, but not all the way. If i had the sub moved forward and towards the driver just a little more it would have cleared that plastic trim piece on the seat and probably fold down alot nicer. Aw well, I really dont feel like redoing it now. I'm happy with it as it is.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I plan on doing the same thing. Except have the speaker recessed so everything is flush.

From what I understand if you build a sealed box(unlike ported) it wont take up much space.

·
Registered
45 Posts
_BEN_ said:
I plan on doing the same thing. Except have the speaker recessed so everything is flush.

From what I understand if you build a sealed box(unlike ported) it wont take up much space.

Yeah, my original plan was to recess the thing, but I didn't pay any attention to speaker depth when I bought the sub, so it ended up being too deep to do that. Poor planning on my part I guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
roodki said:
Here's mine that I made.

It sounds really good, not huge bass or anything, but great filler. It gives that little thump in the back of your seat. The seat will fold down, but not all the way. If i had the sub moved forward and towards the driver just a little more it would have cleared that plastic trim piece on the seat and probably fold down alot nicer. Aw well, I really dont feel like redoing it now. I'm happy with it as it is.
Wouldnt it be sketchy to have someone sit on that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Masterj981 said:
i got a jl stealth box with a 10w3v2 for $58 on ebay. I am getting my jl 250.1 amp this week so i'll let you know how it sounds
cool, does anyone else have one?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I do and I love it. It is hooked up to a 150 Punch amp. Bass is nice and thight. I think I can get a bit more out of it if i upgrade the amp to higher output.

·
Registered
273 Posts
All I really listen too is rock music so I don't need allot of bass.

I saw this up for sale a while ago on ebay and I snagged the pics from the auction.

Does anyone make a mass produced box like this? Who and where?

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts