TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Troy and I are working on the CoTTORA schedule. Anyone is welcome to sponsor a trail run! (So please do). I am hoping to put together a run in steamboat with stagecoachco - sometime in mid to late June. Any weekends work better than others? (We already have the continental divide run in marble on June 22nd)

We'll run Elli's Jeep Trail - stock/modified rigs. We also might run the new Kremling trail (EXTREME) that weekend at some point. (If you don't want to take your rig on that you are welcome to ride along!)

Here is the rest of the schedule for the season!
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65030

OK Here is what is happening:

Hey all,

Troy and I have set up a CoTTORA based steamboat run but we have to extended the invitation to Yotatech folks as well.

We'll run Elli's Jeep Trail on Saturday June 16th - stock/modified rigs. We will camp somewhere near Steamboat res - or Buffalo Pass Sat night. Sunday we are planning to Tube/raft the easy part of the Yampa river through town. (My family has an oar frame raft and they rent tubes for $5. It is an easy float - no bigger than class 2 rapids. Fine on a big inner tube!)

We will also be practicing recovery techniques and will work on making a recovery 101 video to be added to the YT wiki. That means one of us HAS to get stuck so we can film us getting unstuck safely!

A cottora members has offered floor space for Friday night - and some other Cottora/YT members are going to camp Friday night as well.

ALL members are welcome. If you don't feel comfortable driving please come ride and camp with us!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
June 16/17 or June 30/July 1 works for me and would be willing to take a stab at either/both :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How bout June 16/17 for steamboat and July 30th weekend for Wyoming? :D (Prodigy you gotta set up the wyoming run!) LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
June 16/17 works for me too. Actually any weekend in June will work except the weekend of the 10th. Snow is melting early this year so we should be ok even that early.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I may not make the Steamboat run cause I Have a wedding to go to in Co Springs on June 23-24.

When the snow clears I will start making some pre-runs to get a good trail or 2 to go play on.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I may not make the Steamboat run cause I Have a wedding to go to in Co Springs on June 23-24.

When the snow clears I will start making some pre-runs to get a good trail or 2 to go play on.
WhAt! You're not coming to the continental divide! I'm crushed:(

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so it has been set - The steamboat run will be June 16th and 17th. My b-day is the 15th so it will be a birthday weekend for me.

So lets do Elli's Jeep trail saturday. And then find something for sunday.

Should we camp saturday night???

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm in for the June 16th/17th Steamboat run. And I'm stoked about Kremmling too. I was up there Friday and it's frikkin beautiful!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm in for the June 16th/17th Steamboat run. And I'm stoked about Kremmling too. I was up there Friday and it's frikkin beautiful!
This looks great, as does the Cont divide run the following week. I probably won't be able to make both, so I'll figure it out in soon. I'm good for one of the two runs....

Pretty good description of Ellis trail here: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=168

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So My folks have a hous ein steamboat but it is only 3 bedrooms. I think my sisters are gonna be up there as well - so sorry I don't have any extra rooms for friday night. That was why I suggested camping for saturday at least! Stagecoach - you got any spare rooms for folks who might have to drive longer distance so they have somewhere to stay friday night?

Troy and I are doing both weekends of runs so whichever you prefer go for it. I think the continental divide run will likely be more scenic as an FYI...

Jeremy - I am so glad you are coming too!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yup, I've got a spare room, and a spare living room floor :) (complete with air mattress). As for camping on Saturday, there are some good spots up in Big Red Park (where the Ellis Trail is). It is Nat. Forest up there so the camping is unimproved, camp where you want type of thing.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok So I am planning on cooking for the crew when we camp. I just need to know who will be there - and if you are game I make some KILLER vittles. So let me know if you are interested. I will double check before I go to Costco for the trip but I will cook wither steak or pork - any objections???

Seriously I make killer camping chow!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shaweet. Looks like we have some game! (Not the kind one cooks either). LOL

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PMUB! I am still going to plan a slick Menu for our night of camping and really would love ALL of you to be there!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I could bring my gas grill if that would help. (seeing how I am so close and all)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm still watchin this one. My wife and I are still working out dates for what's going on this weekend and the next one - she's got some complicated scheduling she's working out with her sister and mom:rolleyes: . Still TBD for me....

1 - 20 of 162 Posts