TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here it is, I'm nuts over cleanliness in my vehicles. I know that car show gurus steam clean their engines. Where can I find a good one to remove the mud and everything from my engine bay? Anyone...Bueler...

The thing is that I want to add A/C before my move and my motor looks like it evolved in the original primordial ooze, with crusty mud caked everywhere. Help is appreciated, yes I've tried Gunk, I need super cleanliness, a steamer--

I've seen the blue ones for home owners, but it just looks...Chinese/CHEAP

THANKS

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
You might try to soak the engine bay in some degreaser for a while then pressure wash it lightly keeping away from sensitive areas with high pressure. I did it that way once without even letting it soak long enough in degreaser and it worked pretty well. It was probably a whole lot cheaper than one of those steamers too.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I us a pressure washer my GF bought at Home Depot for my B-Day. Not sure what brand or model (I'm at work now) But it's a 1800 psi. They sell the carwash fluid, I use for presoaking. It does a great job. I've used it several times, Like when I'm taking it in for warranty work :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
fltacoma said:
A can of tire foam and simple green. Works!
X2, soak your engine in simple green (dont do it too often as simple green can tarnish aluminum) hit it with a pressure washer or even just your garden hose, let it dry and hit it with the tire foam. It will shine like new!!! :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
pi said:
Do you dilute the simple green or use it full strength?
It depends how bad your grime is, I usually dilute but still keep it pretty strong...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
TacomaHarry said:
I never heard of using tire foam stuff. :confused:
Its pretty much the same as the "engine detail" spray...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
pi said:
How much do you charge for a detail job?
For you and your truck...$75

·
Registered
583 Posts
you can use a combination of cleaners on the engine bay. even wheel/tire cleaner works well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
simple green they heck out of it...dont worry it is fine on aluminum...let it sit for a minute the hose off..repeat if necessary...while wet spray some pro prep...its a hard surface treatment.[silicon] you can find it at a motorcycle store silkolene makes it its in a arosal can.....just fog your engine.....good as new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts